By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation VR2 | OT | PC support 2024

Tagged games:

600 € is hard to swallow. Did not think they would go as high as the infamously high ps3 launch price (and this time not even with a cheaper option). But I guess 600 now is way less than in 2007. And who am I kidding - I will get it for Resident Evil 8 alone. 7 in VR1 was the coolest, newest gaming experience in a long time for me. And when Astro comes back, it is going to be glorious.

Around the Network

Good and expected price for the specs, but too high for the current lineup. Needs GT7 or Half-Life Alyx or Astro Bot 2 in the launch window to justify my preorder.

I already tried to pre-order, can't yet :p

The price is to be expected. At launch PSVR with camera and 2 move controllers was similar. $400 for the headset, $50 for the camera, $100 for a pair of moves. So $550 is pretty much the same price as the complete PSVR set was at launch.
https://blog.playstation.com/2016/03/15/playstation-vr-launching-october-for-399/

No point waiting for a better line up, I'll get it now before the price goes up lol. The games will come, plus the launch line-up already looks like a lot of fun.

The price is a little higher than I expected, but not by much.

I am worried about the games library though. The big stuff right now is Horizon CotM, a few Resident Evil titles. Not particularly interested in playing RE in VR.

A solid Astro game would be a game changer though.

Good release date. A bit earlier than I thought. I was expecting it by March.

Around the Network
JuliusHackebeil said:

600 € is hard to swallow. Did not think they would go as high as the infamously high ps3 launch price (and this time not even with a cheaper option). But I guess 600 now is way less than in 2007. 

PSVR2 is about half the price of Valve Index, and the PSVR2 outclasses the index with certain specs.

Yeah, is expensive (supposedly cheaper than the first taking into account inflation), but there are more expensive options on the market currently.

twintail said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

600 € is hard to swallow. Did not think they would go as high as the infamously high ps3 launch price (and this time not even with a cheaper option). But I guess 600 now is way less than in 2007. 

PSVR2 is about half the price of Valve Index, and the PSVR2 outclasses the index with certain specs.

Yeah, is expensive (supposedly cheaper than the first taking into account inflation), but there are more expensive options on the market currently.

Yeah, you are right. It is quite some money for me. But it is good value in comparison. I did not know the index was this expensive. But the psvr1 cost 400 at launch. Plus 60 for the camera. Plus two move controlers for at least 80 (seen 100 aswell). Thats 540 in 2016, or 645 euros today.

The price for psvr 2 is a bit steep, but more than fair in comparison to what came before.

twintail said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

This 

Contents from the PSVR2 box

Source: Playstation VR News on Twitter.

A big thing I'd like to see are some headphones like the Valve Index ones (or even the Quest 2 ones).

Just nice ones that don't have to touch ears.