By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sell-through expectations for Switch in 2022?

Sell-through expectations for Switch in 2022?

Less than 14 million 46 5.21%

14.0 - 15.9 million 43 4.87%

16.0 - 17.9 million 53 6.00%

18.0 - 19.9 million 121 13.70%

20.0 - 21.9 million 267 30.24%

22.0 - 23.9 million 165 18.69%

24.0 - 25.9 million 98 11.10%

26.0 - 27.9 million 20 2.27%

28.0 - 30.0 million 17 1.93%

More than 30 million 53 6.00%

Total:883

18.0 - 19.9 million

Bonus question

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I went safe with 22+, but I think there is room for more than that. Next year is a totally different thing. :P

Bonus question: I could say the obligatory Breath of the Wild 2, but I do believe it's not happening this year. So, only thing in the horizon for me is Sunbreak (MHR Expansion).

Rafie said:
Kakadu18 said:

Nintendo themselves said they wouldn't be able to produce as much as they wanted. That said the shortages have already been a problem for Nintendo last year and they still moved like 25mil consoles. The Switch is less affected by the shortages than the other consoles. This year the shortages will loosen too, so they will definitely be able to produce more than what you say.

Oh so it was Nintendo themselves. I couldn't remember where I read it at. You said they moved 25 mil consoles?! Eh...you sure? That's a lot. If so, then that's super impressive and more than any console sold in a year in recent memory.

If the console shortage let's up, then I will adjust my prediction to 21 mil. Switch is certainly capable. I have 5 Switches in my household. We have certainly contributed to that rising number.

Bold: I mean according to vgchartz. 23.7mil with two weeks left.

+22 million. The biggest lineup of exclusives since 2019 + the shortage for the PS5 and Series X will make the Switch the biggest tech stuff for 2022

Voted for 22m - 23.9m, if the stock is available. No way is Switch falling below 20m in 2022 even with the chip shortage.

Around the Network

22 million

The Switch is on track to do around 25.5-26 million this year while still dealing with some shortages.
Next year is shaping up to be possibly the best year in the Switch's life cycle in terms of software releases, but also, at over 100 million sold, saturation is sure to set in at some point.
With that said, I think somewhere in the 22-23.9 million range is the most likely scenario.

Bonus Question: Breath of the Wild 2 of course... Though Sonic Frontiers is a close second, but I may opt to get that for the PS4 or PS5 if I have that system by then.

PAOerfulone said:

The Switch is on track to do around 25.5-26 million this year while still dealing with some shortages.
Next year is shaping up to be possibly the best year in the Switch's life cycle in terms of software releases, but also, at over 100 million sold, saturation is sure to set in at some point.
With that said, I think somewhere in the 22-23.9 million range is the most likely scenario.

Bonus Question: Breath of the Wild 2 of course... Though Sonic Frontiers is a close second, but I may opt to get that for the PS4 or PS5 if I have that system by then.

Still in 2021 are we? Time acts in mysterious ways sometimes.

I think Switch will have to deal with shortages for most/all of this year. In spite of that I think it will still sell 22-24m.

Bonus: Triangle Strategy

Was a bit torn between 20.0-21.9m and 22.0-23.9m options. Decided to risk and went with latter. Let's see, probably low 22m.