By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Community Threads

Welcome!

This thread will serve as a sort of hub/archive for certain threads on VGChartz so that we can support, promote and track them all, along with providing an area for certain legacy threads due to VGChartz's search feature being poor, it will include but not be limited to Official Threads, unlike the previous thread which was solely focused on Official Threads, I thought I would remake it as there's some threads worth promoting which aren't "officially" recognised by the Mod team.

This thread can also be used to discuss any potential thread ideas that you have, gauge community feedback or simply request a thread be created on whatever topic you want (within rules), for example, you want to see if there's enough interest in a thread on a certain game? Ask in here. I will also see about listing certain 'dead' threads, as an example, want to store the Mafia threads here? Or VGChartz's GOTY? I can attempt to make an archive for those but maybe in a separately linked thread.

Official Threads

Onto the topic of Official Threads, I do expect that the majority of threads here will be "Official" tagged but not all, now onto what an Official Thread is, it's essentially a thread approved by Moderators which is focused around a singular topic, for example, Elden Ring |OT| or The Witcher (TV Show). Often you will need a Moderator to approve it before you can claim it is an Official Thread.

The Moderators have an idea for the future of handing out a badge for anyone who runs an Official Thread but the badge is not yet implemented but I will still list what is an Official Thread and what isn't and hopefully hand the badge out at a later date.

Rules on Official Threads

1. Make a commitment to work on your Official Thread, ensure it is maintained and up to date, ensure everything is accurate in it, if none of these are met and the thread is being abandoned or has a poor lack of effort then requests will be entertained by the Moderators for another user to create either a new thread or take over the current one, especially if the topic is a popular one.

2. Update us if you change your mind on creating a certain Official Thread in case somebody else wants to create it, reserve Official Threads with Moderators beforehand so there's no cases of someone else making it (last time I created this thread I had to close multiple OTs on the same topic).

3. Once an Official Thread has been granted, discussions will sometimes be steered towards that thread in rare cases when appropriate, such as trying to contain thread spamming, particularly for a hot topic (such as impressions on a certain film, show or game).

4. Requests for Official Threads have to be granted by Moderators, your thread is not Official if a Moderator has never approved it, in some cases it will make it easier for a user to claim it. Official Threads ran by Moderators require authorisation from another Moderator.

5. Please ensure it is stated, either in this thread or in your own, which Moderator authorised the thread. In the event where neither party can remember then you can ask a Moderator to re-approve it as long as effort is still being put into it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 January 2022

Around the Network
Topic: Gaming Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
VGShare - Screenshot & Gameplay Sharing Thread Raven Smeags
Resident Evil 2 Remake CGI-Quality Ryuu96
Mass Effect Andromeda Raven Miguel_Zorro
Tekken 7 Burning Typhoon Miguel_Zorro

Topic: Nintendo Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Club Nintendo Raven Miguel_Zorro
Nintendo Switch 3rd Party Society Cerebralbore101 Miguel_Zorro
The Legend of Zelda Veknoid_Outcast Axumblade
Pokemon Green098 CGI-Quality
PoGo Nation Ice Raven
Super Mario Maker Thread Mike321 Leadified
Xenoblade Chronicles Series Wyrdness
OpenCritic Prediction League 2022 TheWalrusCaesar
Nintendo Labo Curl-6 Axumblade

Topic: Sony Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
PlayStation Nation Bristow9091 Ryuu96
PlayStation Vita Mugen
OpenCritic Prediction League 2022 TheWalrusCaesar
PlayStation Trophy League Arcturus

Topic: Microsoft Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Xbox Empire Ryuu96 Raven
Xbox Game Pass Barozi Ryuu96
OpenCritic Prediction League 2022 Ryuu96
Halo Ice Smeags

Topic: PC Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Carzy Zarx PC Gaming Emporium Zarx
The Semi Official Minecraft Thread Zarx

Topic: Sales Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Prediction League Kirby007 N/A

Topic: Website Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Website Development Thread TalonMan N/A
VGChartz Tutorial Platina N/A
Database Tutorial VersusEvil N/A
Supporters Thread Machina N/A

Topic: General Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Newcomer Introduction Thread SpurgeonRyan Axumblade
The Hangout Thread Hiku
The LGBT Thread Axumblade Ryuu96
Manga Discussion Cloudman
I've Got a Question That Doesn't Require a Thread Moren Ryuu96
Say Something About the Person Above You Super_Etecoon
Picture Association Game Flilix
Word Association SnesTea
Funny Pictures Yo_John117
Rate the Avatar Above You Stof
True or False Game Gilgamesh
Hablemos en Español Elgefe02

Topic: Movies & TV Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Movie & TV Chat SpurgeonRyan
Anime Discussion Super_Boom
Whatchu Watchin? TallSilhouette
The Box Office Mordred11

Topic: Sports Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Football Ka-pi96
NHL VGPolyglot Miguel_Zorro

Topic: Music Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
Heavy Metal Thread VGPolyglot Axumblade
Game Music Recommendations Platina Conegamer
Rate the Song Above You GodOfWar_3ver

Topic: Politics Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
The US Politics The-Pi-Guy Ryuu96
Brexit Phinch1

Topic: NSFW Created By: Official Thread? Approved By:
FurryChartz Raven Smeags

Reserved Threads

Archive

Gaming

Off-Topic

Future Badge

Re-opened this thread with a slight reboot, I've moved it away from being focused only on Official Threads, I've tried to find as much as I can and will add more later, if there's anything I missed then feel free to point it out, I'm also considering doing a thread 'Graveyard' listing notable previous threads which are now locked, stuff like the Mafia threads, previous E3 threads, VGChartz's GOTY, etc.

Any ideas for threads that you want to run by here first, feel free.