By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your verdict for the gaming year 2021?

Your verdict for the gaming year 2021?

Amazing 109 11.17%

Good 300 30.74%

Decent 302 30.94%

Mediocre 129 13.22%

Subpar 58 5.94%

Bad 30 3.07%

Terrible 48 4.92%

Total:976

Fanfuckingtastic!

Seriously an amazing year for me. I listed them all in the GOTY thread but this year had about everything to appeal to me. 2022 is looking to be a dry year to me

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Overall it has been pretty Mediocre for me.

There were some highs like Guardians of the Galaxy, Ratchet and Clank, Forza Horizon 5 and a few others but mostly meh. I didn't think Halo Infinite was all that great, there wasn't enough next gen games that I was interested in on the PS5, Switch OLED was pretty disappointing, Steam Deck got delayed as well as many games that also got delayed. Games like GTA Trilogy, BF2042 and FFVIIR (on PC) and many more launched at a subpar state. The state of GPUs on PC is insanely terrible with little to no hope of recovering for a while.

The bright side was that Dual Sense controller might just be my favourite controller ever after using it for a year. Gamepass continues to be incredible value and I was lucky enough to get a 3080 GPU last year so I have been enjoying it quite a bit.

The list can go on in regards to the goods and bads but I think next year is gonna be the fap worthy year... Especially with Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West and Steam Deck coming out early next year and that's just the beginning!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

In terms of games I'd say it's been above average. Not great, but there have been worse years. As far as the video game industry itself and everything that has happened this last year within it is concerned, 2021 been an utterly horrendous year.

Decent.
- Hitman III was an absolute beast, fantastic game
- Guardians of Galaxy ended up being a fantastic game
- We got a small sneak peek of the future of 3D Mario
- the Pokémon remake was actually better than expected
- and mainline GTA games on a Nintendo console, the very thing no one would actually believe

I was mostly playing games I felt like playing for fun, so it was super good, but I had and will have less time for gaming than ever going forward, so that is bollocks.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I'm not sure if I've played anything from 2021 yet. There are plenty of older games I still have to play. Who knows? In a few years I may say 2021 was an awesome year, but I don't plan on trying out games from this year anytime soon.

There are only a handful of games where I look at it and say, "I've got to play that game right now." However, I bought a Switch at launch because Breath of the Wild just happened to be one of those games.

I'll say decent because I haven't played many games from 2021, and virtually no big releases.
Persona 5 Strikers is cheating in some ways, some ways not because it did technically launch in Japan in late 2020.
Nintendo's output seems better this year than in 2020, but I haven't played more than a few of their 2021 releases. I have quite the backlog, and there were very few Switch games to take me out of that.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

For me, Good.

Monster Hunter Rise, Metroid Dread, and Dusk were fantastic, Crash Bandicoot 4 and No More Heroes III were fun, and the expansions for The Outer Worlds finally came to Switch.

It wasn't the barrage of bangers 2017 was or the smorgasbord 2019 was, but it was still a quality year.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 December 2021

Yeah for me Good, The Year was topped for me by Yakuza 6 on Steam, every other game and dlc i bought after that game was just a bonus.

Pretty good. Mostly due to my addiction to Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition.