By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - STALKER 2 is getting NFT's........

I was really looking forward to this game, but I just can't support games that are moving towards this trend.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is getting NFTs, including one that lets you become an in-game ‘metahuman’ - The Verge

Why can't we just have games be games? Whatever happened to that? So many games are already becoming like a second job where it's about the grind and chasing things that have monetary value instead of just an experience that's fun and immersive, and pushes the boundaries of artistic creativity. 

Ubisoft advertised their "Quartz" system as a way to make players stakeholders in their games, and I do NOT like that idea! I don't want real life economical elements seeping into my games. I just want games to be games! I wanna escape from all that stuff. That's the whole point of video games, escapism. It now just feels like I'm trying to avoid business scheme traps. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 15 December 2021

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

im going to wait untill i get more info, i mean gamepass brah

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Just no, not even going to touch it on gamepass if they don't scrap the NFT nonsense.

MTX's have evolved lol.. reminds me of people 'investing' in Kickstarter campaigns to have their identity put into games in the upper tiers. Or people buying unique ships etc in StarCitizen for hundreds or thousands of dollars xD Fools and their money.

On one hand idc if its a standard npc with no worth and you may never see, on the other If i start seeing the same damn person name/mug over and over again in every game, OOOff fuck that and those games with NFT lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 15 December 2021

Around the Network
hinch said:

MTX's have evolved lol.. reminds me of people 'investing' in Kickstarter campaigns to have their identity put into games in the upper tiers. Or people buying unique ships etc in StarCitizen for hundreds or thousands of dollars xD Fools and their money.

On one hand idc if its a standard npc with no worth and you may never see, on the other If i start seeing the same damn person name/mug over and over again in every game, OOOff fuck that and those games with NFT lol.

NFTs aren't really like that though. It's nothing but a note saying who owns a piece of digital content. The actual content can still be copied and used everywhere regardless. It has about as much value as someone selling you a star (name your own star).

The only difference is that, instead of the publisher holding the data "you bought X", the "you bought X" is added to BlockChain. A decentralized tamper proof registry. It has nothing to do with the game, or the actual item, just proof of purchase.

Besides it being useless, it's also killing the planet.
https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption/

Dead game to me then, shame, because this would have been a game worth looking forward to, if it wasn't for shitty greed for a Ponzi scam.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

SvennoJ said:
hinch said:

NFTs aren't really like that though. It's nothing but a note saying who owns a piece of digital content. The actual content can still be copied and used everywhere regardless. It has about as much value as someone selling you a star (name your own star).

The only difference is that, instead of the publisher holding the data "you bought X", the "you bought X" is added to BlockChain. A decentralized tamper proof registry. It has nothing to do with the game, or the actual item, just proof of purchase.

Besides it being useless, it's also killing the planet.
https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption/

So like a colossal waste of time and energy much like any other Crypto or blockchain then :P Can't wait to see people auctioning off their assets to dumdums for silly money.

I think this is pretty neat.

Not sure if this poses any harm in this particular case... but this particular case sounds like the NFT makes absolutely no sense either.