By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You cannot purchase a PlayStation this Holiday season

It is a shame as a video game enthusiast to see things crippled like this. I remember having better luck finding a Wii. It took about five months to finally get to play Twilight Princess. A year later, those were at least occasionally available in stores. I've never even seen a PS5 or Xbox Series X in person. None of my friends have managed to get one. I've never seen one in stores. The Xbox and Sony areas are always empty. I think once I saw the Series X for sale on Amazon for two minutes. The demand is there but the supplies just can't be made in the current chip climate. It'll likely end up stunting PS5 sales at least somewhat as a result. Series S is often available and plays the same games (minus the exclusives). People who can only get one console will get what they can and may never upgrade.

My local superstore still has a Playstation Classic for $10, though. It's been there since launch and no one will buy it, not even for that price. I always chortle whenever I pass, wondering if it'll end up like the prospector from Toy Story 2 or something.

Around the Network

Probably worst Xmas and BF ever for PlayStation, and not for lack of demand.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

That's insane...

Surely you'd be better to pop into a gamestop/eb games or something that and get a refurbished one.

There were some hefty batches sent to Australia around Mid December and around Christmas.

It seems that some GameStop stores in the US will have stock of PS5 in the next upcoming days too