By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts November 2021 Discussion Thread

Europe's the main region where Switch still has room for improvement. Hopefully Nintendo pushes to grow their market there and in the process surpass the Wii.

Around the Network

It's funny, looking at the comparison to the Wii I thought 35mil would be great for the Switch in the end. Looking at this comparison it looks like it should at least reach 40mil in Europe.

Beating a Sony home console is Europe is a big achievement; at this point Switch vs PS3 will pretty much come down entirely to legs; PS3 had very long ones. Will the Switch too?

Wii performance in the US and Europe was extraordinary, Rest of the World and Japan, not so much.

Is there any interest in making a gap chart for when Switch overtakes PSP in the Rest of the World category of the platform totals?
I don’t think a monthly chart would be very interesting as it’s been a slow forgone conclusion for a while now, but it would be interesting to see where in time those two consoles comparatively sold well in those regions.

I didn’t expect a Nintendo console would ever surpass PSP in those regions so its amazing to see Nintendo on their way to doing it.

Around the Network
ireadtabloids said:

Is there any interest in making a gap chart for when Switch overtakes PSP in the Rest of the World category of the platform totals?
I don’t think a monthly chart would be very interesting as it’s been a slow forgone conclusion for a while now, but it would be interesting to see where in time those two consoles comparatively sold well in those regions.

I didn’t expect a Nintendo console would ever surpass PSP in those regions so its amazing to see Nintendo on their way to doing it.

That wouldn't make sense. Rest of the world is not a set region. It changes. What you see as rest of the world now is not the same as what you saw 10 years ago.

I’m aware that there’s the possibility that these markets fluctuate and change more than the other established dominant regions.
Brazil has had some fascinating booms and busts over the years, and some countries lose the infrastructure to participate.
China eases their games console ban to something that allows the sale of an official product etc.

However I’m still interested in seeing something done with the remainder column called Rest of the World if possible.

If your hypothesis is that such a chart would have too many variables so as to be impossible to show clear trends, and my hypothesis is that it would be interesting and enjoyable then I have much more to gain from a nonsensical chart than you do.

So I guess I am sorry to have wasted your time with my unlikely proposal more than anyone else here.