By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New official colours for PS5 Face Plates and Dualsense Controllers

NobleTeam360 said:

Eh, I already purchased black plates from D-brand with the light strips on them. Cool for those that want them though, digging the purple plates and controller (may pickup that purple controller still though, already bought the midnight black one).

How much did those plates cost if I may ask?

Around the Network

I like the red and purple ones, but neither of them would fit in my room, only the black one would.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Pricey, but I do like that this is happening.  However, it's not the color scheme that I hate about the PS5 design - it's the shape of the plates.  Something like this from Dbrand would be much better aesthetically, in my opinion. 

Hopefully, Sony will offer official alternate shapes as well.

Last edited by archbrix - on 17 December 2021

V-r0cK said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Eh, I already purchased black plates from D-brand with the light strips on them. Cool for those that want them though, digging the purple plates and controller (may pickup that purple controller still though, already bought the midnight black one).

$70 (including taxes). So slightly more expensive than the official PS5 plates

NobleTeam360 said:
V-r0cK said:

$70 (including taxes). So slightly more expensive than the official PS5 plates

Not bad at all.  I've just been hearing some saying these official plates are really expensive but I think its fair.

I'd love to see artists take advantage of these plates as their own canvas, put their own (or requested) artwork on and charge a bit extra.

Around the Network

The light blue one is quite nice. I like that color.