By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE (PART ONE) – First Look

The best Spider-Man film was in 2004 and got a sequel in 2007. It was bad.

Spider-Verse was ok but a bit too jokey and fan service with some rushed plot stuff. It was decent but far from the best. I will watch this when it hits streaming like last time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Looks fantastic, into the spiderverse was easily the best superhero film of the decade in my opinion, so I've got very high expectations for this.

Loved the first one so im pumped for this. Part 1 of how many?

Why Part One in the title? Cmon Sony stop being silly.

The original is great. I don't get hyped for sequels though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:

Why Part One in the title? Cmon Sony stop being silly.

The original is great. I don't get hyped for sequels though.

I am interested in seeing this movie, but I agree with what you're saying.  Part 1 of part 2 is stupid.  Hunger Games also did the same type of bullcrap.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

You see Spiderman going into what looks like a a different universe in the trailer, where it looks very cartooney instead of the usual CGI world.
It would be interesting if he goes into the real world and meets up with the Tom Holland Peter at some point.

Haven't scrutinized the trailer but if I had to guess that's Gwen's then Miguel's universes they're warping into. They seem to be leaning even further into the 2D effects of the first film and I'm here for it. With works like this, Arcane, Arc System games, etc it feels like we're entering a new era of 3D animation that combines with 2D for the best of both worlds. It's a nice change of pace, particularly in film where it was almost like the Disney/Pixar style was the only really accepted way to animate movies.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 05 December 2021

Hiku said:
TallSilhouette said:

Haven't scrutinized the trailer but if I had to guess that's Gwen's then Miguel's universes they're warping into. They seem to be leaning even further into the 2D effects of the first film and I'm here for it. With works like this, Arcane, Arc System games, etc it feels like we're entering a new era of 3D animation that combines with 2D for the best of both worlds. It's a nice change of pace, particularly in film where it was almost like the Disney/Pixar style was the only really accepted way to animate movies.

I really want a Spiderman game with this kind of style.

The Spider-Verse suit and ability in Miles Morales get us part of the way there already, but yeah it would be cool if Insomniac made a full game in that style. Maybe we'll at least get a filter in MSM2 to alter the world in addition to your character.

Looks awesome!! Can't wait!

Good breakdown of the teaser:

Indian Spidey basically confirmed along with hints at other versions like Ben Reilly.