By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread | The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event

GoOnKid said:
S.Peelman said:

#31: This games comes with what is maybe the most accessible map editor ever shipped alongside a game, where you can simply put down track elements such as tabletops, whoops and low high and high jumps as simple tiles.

#31 I thought about Theme Park, but jumps? No. I'll go with Excitebike 64 instead.

No, it's not Theme Park, but with Excitebike you're somewhat close.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
GoOnKid said:

#31 I thought about Theme Park, but jumps? No. I'll go with Excitebike 64 instead.

Excitebots or Excite Truck?

Kakadu18 said:
S.Peelman said:

Excitebots or Excite Truck?

Nah not that close.

Machina said:
coolbeans said:

GRID

Yes! Finally!

GoOnKid said:

It's not Marvel's Avengers, sorry.

OK, let's see.

Since you actually name Guardians of the Galaxy I'm going to assume it's none of the game releases that have Guardians of the Galaxy in their name, because that make it too easy.

And it obviously features the Avengers.

So I'm thinking it's either one of the Lego Marvel games, or it's one of the Ultimate Alliance games. 

My guesses:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 OR Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

MUA3 it is!

S.Peelman said:
GoOnKid said:

Excitebike on the NES.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

My next one is the last game before my list enters its inevitable run of predictable Nintendo games. It's gonna be a long while before I have anything interesting to talk about here. It's kinda sad, but those games are there for a reason Anyway! Hint.

#34 - If games were released when they were finished, this wouldn't be out.

That's not very specific in these days :D

Cyberpunk 2077?

GoOnKid said:
S.Peelman said:

Excitebike on the NES.

Nope, that’s too close. It’s ‘somewhat close’ in the sense that there’s one aspect about the guess that also applies to my game. That aspect however is not that it’s a Nintendo game.

mZuzek said:

coolbeans and Ultrashroomz are tied with 3 guesses.
Darashiva and GoOnKid have 2 each, that's including your guess just now.
And then a lot of people with 1 guess each, they are Farsala, Metafee, Kakadu18, Machina, S.Peelman, Zippy6 and Liquid_Laser.

Is Toad going to predict who will make a comeback during the final rounds and win? Maybe I can still get the bonus stars at the end.

38 This RPG features an exiled princess, a thief, a relentless captain, 2 mages and an old king.
This game also features quite the eccentric entertainer. The protagonist can interact with all these characters and their backstories in unique ways.

"For me, it was ___________. That game is so charming and lovely. It may not be an exclusive but the _____ has beautiful orchestrated music instead of midi tunes, and that alone makes a huge difference. The characters have so much personality, the story is very good and the battle system is addictive. This game is like a time capsule for me, it took me right back into the 90s."

Despite all the hints, recency, and even being guessed in this thread already, nobody could guess this one.

38 is Dragon Quest XI

37 This game was the first to feature a guy with a flaming sword within the large roster.
36 Mario never felt so fluid until now. Go anywhere!
35 Sci fi Fantasy but not Final Fantasy. Main character is dressed like he is going to beach every day, even in colder climates.
34 Yet another JRPG, this time featuring a franchise that wasn't really that popular until this entry.
33 Much like Digimon World, this game features a day and night cycle. Unlike Digimon World the days keep repeating.

Last edited by Farsala - on 27 November 2021

coolbeans said:
Farsala said:

38 This RPG features an exiled princess, a thief, a relentless captain, 2 mages and an old king.
This game also features quite the eccentric entertainer. The protagonist can interact with all these characters and their backstories in unique ways.

"For me, it was ___________. That game is so charming and lovely. It may not be an exclusive but the _____ has beautiful orchestrated music instead of midi tunes, and that alone makes a huge difference. The characters have so much personality, the story is very good and the battle system is addictive. This game is like a time capsule for me, it took me right back into the 90s."

Despite all the hints, recency, and even being guessed in this thread already, nobody could guess this one.

38 is Dragon Quest XI

37 This game was the first to feature a guy with a flaming sword within the large roster.
35 Sci fi Fantasy but not Final Fantasy. Main character is dressed like he is going to beach every day, even in colder climates.
34 Yet another JRPG, this time featuring a franchise that wasn't really that popular until this entry.
33 Much like Digimon World, this game features a day and night cycle. Unlike Digimon World the days keep repeating.

#37 - Super Smash Bros. Melee?

#36 - Super Mario Sunshine

#35 - Kingdom Hearts ?

#34 - Persona 3 or Tales of Vesperia

#33 - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth ?

37- Yes

36- Close

35- No

34- Close

33- No

Farsala said:

I feel like I should know 35, but just can't think of an answer.

34:Tales of Symphonia maybe.