By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim Anniversary Edition release details ($20 upgrade)

Tagged games:

Bethesda have finally announced the pricing for the Anniversary Edition of Skyrim.

The standalone version of Skyrim Anniversary Edition will cost: USD $49.99/EUR €54.99/GBP £47.99/AUD $79.95/RUB 3399.

The upgrade from Skyrim Special Edition to Anniversary Edition will cost: USD $19.99/EUR €19.99/GBP £15.99/AUD $29.95/RUB 1429.

Physical copies of the Anniversary Edition are only confirmed for PS4/XBO, but these versions upgrade to next-gen for free.

Improvements for next-gen systems have still not been detailed, all we have is this: "Owners of Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive a next-generation upgrade for the game. The upgrade will be free and optimize the game with enhanced graphics, faster loading times and more."

Elder Scrolls | The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition FAQ (bethesda.net)

All I can say is here in the UK we are getting shafted on that standalone price, $50 = £48? Lol. If it had the same conversion rate as the $20/£16 upgrade it should be $50/£40.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

And I think we all know their "enhanced graphics" will literally just be a resolution boost, fuck that lol.

The problem with that is Series X already runs the XBO version at 4k60... and last-gen PS4 Pro and XBO X both ran at 4k30, so there's really no where to go in terms of just resolution.

But yeah I've seen zero evidence of better graphics from what they've shown thus far, and if they've only shown last-gen footage then why? It's just days from release and we've had zero details about next-gen enhancements beyond it'll look better and load faster.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 05 November 2021

If they give it a decent visual upgrade and add dualsense support, I might be interested. Might.

Zippy6 said:
Bristow9091 said:

And I think we all know their "enhanced graphics" will literally just be a resolution boost, fuck that lol.

The problem with that is Series X already runs the XBO version at 4k60... and last-gen PS4 Pro and XBO X both ran at 4k30, so there's really no where to go in terms of just resolution.

But yeah I've seen zero evidence of better graphics from what they've shown thus far, and if they've only shown last-gen footage then why? It's just days from release and we've had zero details about next-gen enhancements beyond it'll look better and load faster.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-the-touryst-8k-60fps-on-ps5

You can go 8K60 :p (ps5 doesn't support the output though, downsamples to 4K)
Series X can do 4K 120fps.

Faster loading, longer draw distance, 4K 120fps mode, next-gen upgrade done.

Great, this is my last Skyrim so better to play it while I can :p

Around the Network

what's going on with the UK prices? cheese... It's seems eerily high. I understand it's Skyrim but still...

$50 = 55€? We're also getting shafted.

Kakadu18 said:

$50 = 55€? We're also getting shafted.

Yep, even accounting for the USA price not including tax while the UK does (and pretty sure EU does?).

With taxes and conversions works out at about this:

USA - ~$53.50 (varies by state)

EU - $64

UK - $65

I'm excited to get all the trophies again.

I am a little bummed out that I don't get a free anniversary Edition upgrade, though. I did in fact buy all the DLC/Creation club stuff to a cool 150ish CAD. I love skyrim, I've never gotten bored of Skyrim, I think I'll buy every new iteration of the game that's available to me because I love the idea of replaying it with better performance and more tweaks. all in all, I don't mind the constant rereleases every few years. I love the game! That said, it does kinda suck that I have to pay moooooore after spending (once you factor in the base game and the DLC) over 300 bucks on the game so far.

I got it on Ps3 when it launched
I got it on Xbox 360 soon thereafter
I bought the DLC (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire) on both consoles.
I bought the Special Edition on PS4
I bought the game and the DLC on PC
I got a free upgrade to special edition on PC
I bought the Special Edition on Ps4 a second time, this one digitally
I got all the Creation Club content on PS4
I'll be getting the anniversary edition on PS5
I'll likely get a second copy, this one physical on PS5
Who knows? When I get a Series X I might get it on there, too.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I'm excited to get all the trophies again.

I am a little bummed out that I don't get a free anniversary Edition upgrade, though. I did in fact buy all the DLC/Creation club stuff to a cool 150ish CAD. I love skyrim, I've never gotten bored of Skyrim, I think I'll buy every new iteration of the game that's available to me because I love the idea of replaying it with better performance and more tweaks. all in all, I don't mind the constant rereleases every few years. I love the game! That said, it does kinda suck that I have to pay moooooore after spending (once you factor in the base game and the DLC) over 300 bucks on the game so far.

I got it on Ps3 when it launched
I got it on Xbox 360 soon thereafter
I bought the DLC (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire) on both consoles.
I bought the Special Edition on PS4
I bought the game and the DLC on PC
I got a free upgrade to special edition on PC
I bought the Special Edition on Ps4 a second time, this one digitally
I got all the Creation Club content on PS4
I'll be getting the anniversary edition on PS5
I'll likely get a second copy, this one physical on PS5
Who knows? When I get a Series X I might get it on there, too.

Well... If you bought all the creation club content you basically have the anniversary edition already, there's some content not available yet but they'll be added to the creation club for separate purchase. But I guess you'll still buy it lol.

The better performance is free, you don't need anniversary for that.