By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim Anniversary Edition release details ($20 upgrade)

Tagged games:

Bethesda Is Never Going to Stop Milking Skyrim

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Runa216 said:

I'm excited to get all the trophies again.

I am a little bummed out that I don't get a free anniversary Edition upgrade, though. I did in fact buy all the DLC/Creation club stuff to a cool 150ish CAD. I love skyrim, I've never gotten bored of Skyrim, I think I'll buy every new iteration of the game that's available to me because I love the idea of replaying it with better performance and more tweaks. all in all, I don't mind the constant rereleases every few years. I love the game! That said, it does kinda suck that I have to pay moooooore after spending (once you factor in the base game and the DLC) over 300 bucks on the game so far.

I got it on Ps3 when it launched
I got it on Xbox 360 soon thereafter
I bought the DLC (Dawnguard, Dragonborn, Hearthfire) on both consoles.
I bought the Special Edition on PS4
I bought the game and the DLC on PC
I got a free upgrade to special edition on PC
I bought the Special Edition on Ps4 a second time, this one digitally
I got all the Creation Club content on PS4
I'll be getting the anniversary edition on PS5
I'll likely get a second copy, this one physical on PS5
Who knows? When I get a Series X I might get it on there, too.

Well... If you bought all the creation club content you basically have the anniversary edition already, there's some content not available yet but they'll be added to the creation club for separate purchase. But I guess you'll still buy it lol.

The better performance is free, you don't need anniversary for that.

oh I know, but I'm weird. I don't mind the 20 bucks (25-27 CAD) I'll have to pay, especially since that'll PROBABLY be the cost of the handful of new quests that are going to be made available via the creation club. Getting the package makes more sense. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Normally I'd find it an issue with the upgrade but with the amount of money I've already saved by subbing to GP its an easy buy for me.

Guess what the current top seller on steam is?

After another success the next Skyrim re-release has now been greenlit at Bethesda.