By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Luigi's Mansion 3 officially over 10 million!

Last shipment update was 9.59 before this fiscal year. Nintendo said it shipped an additional 700k copies during this fiscal year so far!!!

https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1456557490670342144/photo/1

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Congrats to Luigi's Mansion 3! Next Level Games did a great job with it and I look forward to more games from them.

Great! This franchise deserves more success. Hopefully we get Luigi's Mansion 4 in the next few years.

Edit: Weird, in his follow up tweet this guy says that based on this 3D World sold over 10mil in 2021, which doesn't make sense. It sold over 5mil in it's first quarter and then another 2.4mil in the next two. That guy think these numbers are only about this last quarter. Obviously didn't see any of the other numbers from Nintendo. Definitely not reliable. This was not included in Nintendo's financial explanatory material.

Can someone tell this guy how wrong he is about 3D World's sales pace, he think's it's outpacing RFA. LMAO.

Edit 2: Super Mario 3D World sold 1.86mil this fiscal year, so I have no clue what this chart is supposed to even be about. It says the source is Nintendo in the corner, but where exactly does it come from?

It stands in conflict with what Nintendo actually reported.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 05 November 2021

Great game would love to see the Luigi's Mansion 1/2 3DS games ported to the Switch.

Kakadu18 said:

Great! This franchise deserves more success. Hopefully we get Luigi's Mansion 4 in the next few years.

Edit: Weird, in his follow up tweet this guy says that based on this 3D World sold over 10mil in 2021, which doesn't make sense. It sold over 5mil in it's first quarter and then another 2.4mil in the next two. That guy think these numbers are only about this last quarter. Obviously didn't see any of the other numbers from Nintendo. Definitely not reliable. This was not included in Nintendo's financial explanatory material.

Can someone tell this guy how wrong he is about 3D World's sales pace, he think's it's outpacing RFA. LMAO.

Edit 2: Super Mario 3D World sold 1.86mil this fiscal year, so I have no clue what this chart is supposed to even be about. It says the source is Nintendo in the corner, but where exactly does it come from?

I know! As I was reading his tweet, I was thinking that Nintendo reported 7.45 million copies sold yesterday. What I think happened is he thought the 7.45 million was where 3D World was at, sales wise, prior to yesterdays quarterly report, and that the additional 2.4 million somehow put it at 10 million lol 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Kakadu18 said:

I know! As I was reading his tweet, I was thinking that Nintendo reported 7.45 million copies sold yesterday. What I think happened is he thought the 7.45 million was where 3D World was at, sales wise, prior to yesterdays quarterly report, and that the additional 2.4 million somehow put it at 10 million lol 

That might be the case, though the game sold alot less than that this fiscal year and the other numbers conflict with Nintendo's report too. For example RFA sold 2.2mil, way more than that tweet says.

Happy to see the series is popular, but I'd prefer if someone besides Next Level handled the games from now on. I really didn't enjoy Dark Moon and 3.

RolStoppable said:
Kakadu18 said:

The image is about sell-through (estimated by Nintendo, shown during the presentation for investors which is not the same thing as the explanatory material), so it doesn't contradict Nintendo's shipment data. Slight differences are to be expected.

Of the course the guy who tweeted this made a mistake with the SM3DW numbers by adding the sell-through on top of the shipment data and adding October sales in his head to get past 10m. This leads into the next error in his SM3DW vs. RFA comparison.

Okay thanks. Now it makes more sense. Since it's an estimate it's still not really official even if it's by Nintendo.

Deserved, awesome game

I had one or two niggling issues with it, but it was clearly a game with an immense amount of talent, effort, and passion poured into it so I am glad to see it do well.