By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4 VR is Awesome

Tagged games:

This is not a review of the game, however its an expression of my personal experience with what i have played so far of RE4 VR.

I recently watched a couple Youtubers playing RE4 VR and found out that i had to give it ago. So i brought it and trailed it and i must say its an incredible experience. Not only have the visuals been cleaned up for VR but the gameplay follows closely to Half Life Alyx with the controls. Features like weapon control and movement are taken from Alyx and forged into RE4 VR and it works wonders. 

HIGHS

My first time playing it, i was throwing my gun up in the air and catching it again, loading up the shotgun and even using the knife is fun. You can actually duel wield the knife and pistol or quick swap each with your main hand. The game offers real life weapon reloading so it keeps you on your toes in the heat of a battle which is something i loved with Alyx. Everything just looks and feels better.

LOWS

I haven't completed the game yet however going in i didn't think much of it, i thought to myself its just another milked RE4 version with gimmicks however this game is the real deal. Its done extremely well. The only issues with the new version is they cut back the perverted scenes. For example, Lines where Ashley tells Leon to come over for some OT was skipped, or the lines from Luis looking at Ashley saying that the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics etc. Come to think of it, Capcon was quite perverted when they made this game, some of these lines are not only necessary but do come across as cringe. They even tone down the upskirt scenes from the game.

CONCLUSION

Either way, this doesn't take away the experience from the game. If you prefer the perverted lines than this game wont have you covered however if you enjoyed the RE4 games in the past or even if you are a new comer to RE4, this is a must check out... unfortunately its exclusive to the Oculas Quest 2, however the Quest 2 is an amazing VR headset, fully wireless, can stream your PC VR titles and has its own store and can be played on the go. Plus its one of the cheapest VR headsets on the market.

PLATFORM/PRICE

RE4 VR released on Oculas Quest 2 on the 21/10/21, developed by the ReCore devs Armature Studios and Oculas Studios and Published by Facebook as a Oculas Quest 2 exclusive. It is sold for $49.99 Australian ($37.10 US) in the Quest 2 store.

VIDEOS

Here is a clip of one of my favorite Youtuber's Maximilian Dood trying out RE4 VR for the first time. His a huge RE fan and his expressions will tell you more with the game. Keep in mind the game looks a lot better in the actual VR unit. I have also linked IGN's review for those wanting a more in depth take of the game.

MAXIMILIAN DOOD

IGN REVIEW

Last edited by Azzanation - on 02 November 2021

Around the Network

But they removed the joke about the president equipping his daughter with ballistics! Unforgiveable.

Zippy6 said:

But they removed the joke about the president equipping his daughter with ballistics! Unforgiveable.

How dare they, i know

Too bad RE4 VR and GTA San Andreas VR are Oculus Quest exclusives, while stopping support to their Oculus Rift and Rift S customers.
I would have bought the PC versions, even in the Oculus Rift store.

Conina said:

Too bad RE4 VR and GTA San Andreas VR are Oculus Quest exclusives, while stopping support to their Oculus Rift and Rift S customers.
I would have bought the PC versions, even in the Oculus Rift store.

It is an odd call to not include it with other Oculas Headsets. I guess they really want to push the Quest 2 narrative

Around the Network

I've been playing it since day one and I agree. It's amazing. I'm glad somebody made a thread. I can't say enough good things about it!

It is getting a lot of great reviews. In fact, one of the most praised Oculus Quest 2 games so far.