By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saber thinks, there is no such thing as an "impossible port" for Switch

Tagged games:

The Crysis games really changed my tune about the need for a Switch Pro. If these games can look this good and run this well then I no longer feel any need for a more powerful Switch.

Around the Network

Ok, but there is any point of porting games to run like shit like The Outer Worlds ?

As a publisher, I wouldn't like to see the opinion about my work tarnished in the minds of people who had experienced it vastly different of how it was supposed to look and play

IcaroRibeiro said:

Ok, but there is any point of porting games to run like shit like The Outer Worlds ?

That was at lauch tho, nowadays Outer Worlds runs okay

As long as you are willing to cut enough sure it isn`t impossible, you could even make it for PS2 or X360 or even latter HW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A port of Nier Autómata and Tomb Raider trilogy will be good in Swicht.
But something like MSFS I dont think so.

Around the Network

I for one really appreciate these so-called "impossible" ports to Switch.

I played Witcher 3, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, and Hellblade on Switch and they're all now in my top 10 games of the past decade. Their core greatness shone through even at a lower resolution, and I was having too much fun to fuss over downgraded textures or other settings.

Dead Rising was ported to Wii
Street Fighter Alpha 3 was ported to the GBA
Xenosaga was ported to Nintendo DS.
Guitar Hero was ported to Nintendo DS

If there's a will, there's a way.

JWeinCom said:

Resident Evil 2 was the original impossible port job; it came to the N64 with full FMV sequences and voice acting!

JWeinCom said:

Doom on SNES and COD MW3 on Wii come to mind as well.

Anything could be ported to the Switch with enough cut backs.