By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Trailer

spynx said:

All they did was improve the textures on the characters. Polygon-wise, they didn't add any.

They've absolutely increased the number of polygons in the models, individual triangles are much easier to see in the original, you can clearly see that in the shoulder on the image which is a smooth curve in the remasters. What they didn't do is change the style, they have unrealistic proportions and a plastic-toy appearance.

Some people might prefer a complete remake with realistic GTA 5 style graphics, others might prefer this approach that keeps the feel and aesthetic of the original games.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
spynx said:

All they did was improve the textures on the characters. Polygon-wise, they didn't add any.

They've absolutely increased the number of polygons in the models, individual triangles are much easier to see in the original, you can clearly see that in the shoulder on the image which is a smooth curve in the remasters. What they didn't do is change the style, they have unrealistic proportions and a plastic-toy appearance.

Some people might prefer a complete remake with realistic GTA 5 style graphics, others might prefer this approach that keeps the feel and aesthetic of the original games.

Their hands also stay in the exact same positions like the OG games, which makes them look even more doll-like and plastic. They can add as many polygons as they want, but if they don't improve articulation, it's going to be a wasted effort. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 22 October 2021

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

DLSS for PC?
A) How shit is this remaster/port?
B) How shit are people's computers?

Random_Matt said:

DLSS for PC?

pc port aint limited by the 60fps cap

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Random_Matt said:

DLSS for PC?

Even so.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
kirby007 said:

Even so.

now i know fps doesn't matter if you are just watching games, but in any other case

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Random_Matt said:

Even so.

now i know fps doesn't matter if you are just watching games, but in any other case

Swear a lot of rigs can 100+ fps on this game without DLSS. 

It might be time for me to actually play some GTA, and it's pretty cool that it's coming to Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Random_Matt said:
kirby007 said:

But even then, why would you want it removed from any game at all, by your hand?.

I don't see the logic in removing it, because you think everyone can handle 100fps. It's like me saying everyone game should handle 4k as the only option, because people can stay and stick with 60fps.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Random_Matt said:

But even then, why would you want it removed from any game at all, by your hand?.

I don't see the logic in removing it, because you think everyone can handle 100fps. It's like me saying everyone game should handle 4k as the only option, because people can stay and stick with 60fps.

I never said remove it.