By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chinese Company buys Japanese studio , Foreigners can buy japanese studios?

I’m still thinking about Total War games being on gamepass. Would be weird to have it on gamepass, but still buy DLC for the scenarios you really want to implement.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Yay, a fellow Total War fan. Looking forward to Warhammer 3?

Wouldn't mind an MS takeover. I prefer Sega's PC games these days, so out of the big 3 they'd definitely be the best in my book!

Not necessarily a fan of acquisitions. Owning a PC then MS would definitely be *fine* with me, but it sucks that other gamers (PS guys/Nintendo guys) may not be able to play their games. 

However, could you imagine if Nintendo picked up Sega instead? Mario Kart X Sega All-Stars, Shining Force with the Fire Emblem treatment, NiGHTS by the team that made Mario Galaxy, Phantasy Star by Monolith Soft...it'd be VERY weird and interesting. 

ireadtabloids said:

I’m still thinking about Total War games being on gamepass. Would be weird to have it on gamepass, but still buy DLC for the scenarios you really want to implement.

Is it? I got darksiders 3 with psn+ and bought the dlc because of that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Microsoft acquiring Square, Capcom, Sega, Konami, Koei Tecmo & Bandai Namco!

Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:

I've been playing TW games since Medieval 1 was the newest game lol. I absolutely love the series. Warhammer 1/2 are both fantastic and I'm so hyped for 3!

But in my heart I really want Medieval 3 :)

I originally played 1 on a computer that was so bad it couldn't do any in person battles and the map was completely white (only the units/buildings were visible). Yet I loved the strategy of it and history. Probably the most dedicated I've ever been to a game despite hurdles haha.

I'd love a Medieval 3! Really want it to be a huge game if they do make it though. Don't limit it to just Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. I want to play as the Mongols and recreate Genghis' empire too!

Agreed! It doesn't just have to be about Crusades/Jihads. I think a larger world, where each region has it's own set of events going on and systems (Catholics vs. Protestants in Europe, Crusaders vs. Jihadists in border regions, and other regionally relevant events/systems going on in other parts of the world.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Good, now can MS buy SEGA so I can play Total War games on Gamepass PC, please? It will save me lots of money, thanks!

Yes. I've been waiting for MS to announce they bought them. 

Chazore said:

As much as I'm not a fan of China taking over more game studios, Grasshopper left NMH 1-2 in a piss poor state on PC with broken cheevos, no M+K support and more. Hopefully now they'll be told to make sure their ports aren't left to rot upon release and take more care of them in the future.

Yep, those PC ports are a joke at best. Which is a real shame because I've wanted to play NMH for a very long time, oh well. 

I guess the effect would become more pronounced as a gamer bought more DLC.  Some gamers might only want $20 of DLC.  Others might happily pay $140 to have access to the majority of the DLC content in a Total War game.

Ka-pi96 said:
Dulfite said:

Agreed! It doesn't just have to be about Crusades/Jihads. I think a larger world, where each region has it's own set of events going on and systems (Catholics vs. Protestants in Europe, Crusaders vs. Jihadists in border regions, and other regionally relevant events/systems going on in other parts of the world.

I kind of hope it gets similar treatment to the Warhammer games. Like a trilogy or something with a combined super map if you own them all. There's definitely enough content across the world during that time period.

Catholics vs protestants seems unlikely though. That was around the 1500s, right? I'd expect a 1000-1100 starting date. Scenarios for different time periods are possible of course, but even then the reformation seems a bit late.

Medieval 2 covered 1080-1530.  I'd like a bit longer if possible for 3. I think it unlikely we will get an Empire 2, since they seem to not enjoy designing that kind of naval combat (even though many of us loved it), so they might as well use the first 100-200 years they would have if they made Empire 2. The more major events in one game the better!

ireadtabloids said:

I guess the effect would become more pronounced as a gamer bought more DLC.  Some gamers might only want $20 of DLC.  Others might happily pay $140 to have access to the majority of the DLC content in a Total War game.

Me. Your talking about me.