By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom making PC its main platform going forward

I don't think I ever would've expected news like this from the likes of Capcom, but I'm all for it! The RE Engine runs BEAUTIFULLY on PC!!! I've played Resident Evil Biohazard, Village, 2&3 Remakes, along with Devil May Cry 5 on my pretty decent rig, and it's amazing the graphical fidelity, lighting, along with the insane performance these games get. Village did have issues I will say, though. 

I can't wait to see what Monster Hunter Rise will look like running on PC with this engine! First game in the franchise to be on the engine too I believe.

Capcom says it will make PC its ‘main platform’ going forwards | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 04 October 2021

Around the Network

i hope to see more effort instead of crappy ports

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If they want to do that, they need to start making sure they don't have the stuttery nonsense that was RE Village which took 4 months to fix and DF had to rant about it. Also they should have simultaneous releases with MH and other games instead of delaying the PC version.

Still, good to see they are committing to PC. Just goes to show how the platform continues to grow.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Translation: "We want to make games with cutting edge graphics, but people in Japan don't really want a PS5 or Series X|S."

What does "main platform" even mean?

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

What does "main platform" even mean?

That is a great question lol we'll have to wait and see over the next few years worth of game releases from Capcom to actually find out.

The way I interpret it though is Capcom will make the PC version first and foremost for all their new games and then port the games to console. Which it has been the other way around up until this time. 

I don't want to say Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, but... Glorious PC Gaming Master Race! 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I highly doubt a game like monster hunter (rise)will sell a lot more on pc then even the switch alone(no idea why the game is not on xbox and playstation .

I think he ment it more like they want to make sure both console and the pc version of there games come out the same time and same quallity.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Kyuu said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Translation: "We want to make games with cutting edge graphics, but people in Japan don't really want a PS5 or Series X|S."

Your PS5 comments since 2018 never cease to amaze. You deserve a review thread!

wat?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

xl-klaudkil said:

I highly doubt a game like monster hunter (rise)will sell a lot more on pc then even the switch alone(no idea why the game is not on xbox and playstation .

I think he ment it more like they want to make sure both console and the pc version of there games come out the same time and same quallity.

Nintendo paid like six million dollar for the console exclusive.