By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tales of Arise shipped over 1m units in its first week. Lifetime sales expectations?

Tales of Arise shipped over 1m units in its first week. Lifetime sales expectations?

Less than 1.50 million 24 5.43%

1.50 - 1.74 million 17 3.85%

1.75 - 1.99 million 24 5.43%

2.00 - 2.24 million 68 15.38%

2.25 - 2.49 million 35 7.92%

2.50 - 2.74 million 54 12.22%

2.75 - 2.99 million 44 9.95%

3.00 - 3.49 million 93 21.04%

3.50 - 4.00 million 20 4.52%

More than 4.00 million 63 14.25%

Total:442

3 million would make it the best selling Tales game, so I hope it sells at least that much.

Around the Network

A bit over 3m.

I played it, haven't finished it, is an alright game, so far would put it on the lower tier of series.

A bit under 3m.

I played it, haven't finished it, is a very good game, so far would put it on the higher tier of series.

I'll go with 3.5 million

I haven't played it, so I don't know if it's a very good game and if I would put it in the higher or the lower tier of the series.

3-3.5 million

I haven't played it yet but looks like a great game. I'll probably put it on the high tier of the series

Around the Network

3-3.5 million as well

I haven't played it or any Tales of game. No idea if it's good or not. I'll probably put it on the high tier of all series ever made in history, including Q-bert.

It can't be understated how well Tales of Arise has done

Weeks to sell 1 million

• Tales of Arise - <1
  • Tales of Xillia - 12 (aligned)
  • Tales of Vesperia DE - 56
  • Tales of Beseria - 76

Weeks to sell 2 million

• Tales of Berseria - 250+
  • Tales of Symphonia - 500+
  • Tales of Vesperia (inc DE) - 550+

It could 2 million by the end of the year, the next fastest selling title took 5 years to do that. Tales has finally broken out of its niche, and can now sell 3 million, which in turn will help push its budget further. So glad they decided to go all in with the budget.

I voted for the option just below 3m.

I'm currently obsessed with Tales of Arise, it's a very strong JRPG. I'll probably put it on the high tier of the series, although I never played any other title in the series.

Signature goes here!

It's my first tales of game, bit it's one of the best jrpgs I have played so far. Hopefully it will have some legs and break through the 3 million bar eventually.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

JRPGs are incredibly front loaded, and since this was a worldwide launch, that will make it even more front loaded.

2.5m seems about right.