By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo FINALLY adds Bluetooth audio!

FINALLY! Now we need themes and folders and voice chat on the console and better online gaming and then we can talk about something worthwhile. I hope the switch 2, whenever it comes, isn't a start from scratch type of deal

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

See, features can come down the line, even 4.5 years afterwards. Shame it doesn't let you record audio via Bluetooth.

Darwinianevolution said:

As good as the Switch is, it is certainly far behind in so many QoL aspects. Hell, I still miss a lot of the old 3DS features abandoned by the Switch.

Such as?

I do miss the detailed Activity Log from past devices.

PS: We already had wireless audio back on the Wii

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I guess it wasn't a hardware limitation after all ... So WHY on earth did take so long!? Seriously Nintendo, WTF

Kristof81 said:

I guess it wasn't a hardware limitation after all ... So WHY on earth did take so long!? Seriously Nintendo, WTF

Nintendo conservative weirdness. 

IcaroRibeiro said:

It's mind-blowing it took so long to add such basic feature

Better late than never anyway 

No other console uses Bluetooth headsets  

The Switch's Bluetooth bandwidth is used for controllers, they had to drop 6 controller connections to get wireless audio to work, no bandwidth left for a mic as well  

Switch has a very lean OS for snappiness and uses very little power to run as well as it does, wired headsets with audio and a mic, plus support for many controllers made sense from the start  

Last edited by Rab - on 15 September 2021

Around the Network

Nintendo is definitely not an "high tech" company... it's obviously a game company for who tech is a side thing. I must admit I prefer them that way.

Facelessknight said:

Nintendo is definitely not an "high tech" company... it's obviously a game company for who tech is a side thing. I must admit I prefer them that way.

the motion controls for Wii, it's in time, super high tech for me. Are you talking about sustained and incremental technology? Yes, I agreed.  

As a wise man once said: 

"It's mind-blowing it took so long to add such basic feature

Better late than never anyway"

Happy New Year, 2013 will be a great year!

Rab said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

It's mind-blowing it took so long to add such basic feature

Better late than never anyway 

No other console uses Bluetooth headsets  

The Switch's Bluetooth bandwidth is used for controllers, they had to drop 6 controller connections to get wireless audio to work, no bandwidth left for a mic as well  

Switch has a very lean OS for snappiness and uses very little power to run as well as it does, wired headsets with audio and a mic, plus support for many controllers made sense from the start  

And the main reason no other console uses bluetooth headsets is audio lag.

Bue yeah, you can't have a cake and eat it. You either want audio or multiplayer gaming via bluetooth.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 15 September 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"