By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default sold over 950.000 times on Switch

Tagged games:

https://www.4gamer.net/games/591/G059145/20210827009/

950k copies sold in 6 months. More than I expected at this point.

For reference, the original Bravely Default sold 1.4M LTD and Bravely Second sold 700k.

That means it will definitely top 1M on Switch alone and could outsell the original together with the PC version.

Around the Network

What a weird mark to celebrate, I was expecting 1 million

BD is easily the worst Square Enix game I've played this gen, but it's cool to see RPGs selling so well on Nintendo, hopefully they will release something better on Switch next time

IcaroRibeiro said:

BD is easily the worst Square Enix game I've played this gen, but it's cool to see RPGs selling so well on Nintendo, hopefully they will release something better on Switch next time

It wasn't really celebrated, just mentioned on the side.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Look for Bandai Namco celebrate 600k for one game in 5 diferent plataforms. 

IcaroRibeiro said:

Will be the second to point out that they didn't celebrate it, just mentioned it. Because yes. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

have not played this game yet. job systems give me nightmates, so dontknow why i bought this. maybe because i played the original…to chapter 6 or smth

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

That's great news. It (probably) means that thew game was a success, and that we are getting another one at some point.

Given that the game will soon release on Steam and that games in general have good legs on Switch, I think this has a chance to reach 2 million units sold at some point.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Stellar_Fungk said:

have not played this game yet. job systems give me nightmates, so dontknow why i bought this. maybe because i played the original…to chapter 6 or smth

Square Enix on Switch away goes for physical media. Have two games on my backlog waiting appreciation 

BD II and TWENTY II

Great result; yet another example that there's plenty of room for third parties to find success on Switch.

curl-6 said:

Great result; yet another example that there's plenty of room for third parties to find success on Switch.

Not just plenty; given the budget, the game might be more of a success than say, FFVIIR.