By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Woman that actually trained to fight would you date one?

Would you date a woman to trained in combat?

Yes 32 86.49%

No 4 10.81%

I remember that 2017 thread. 1 2.70%

Total:37

Unless the guy plans to assault the woman, and worries she’ll fight back too hard, there’s no reason why combat skill should be a detriment for a man dating a woman.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Not gonna lie, it might frighten me a bit; I was in an abusive relationship once where she hit me a few times including once in the throat when I was trying to sleep, and the only reason I didn't cop much actual damage was that she was small and weak, and I could easily restrain her.

The trauma of that has stuck with me.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 October 2021

Yeah, why not. I wouldn't date someone I thought was going to try and attack me regardless of whether or not I could take them in a fight, so I don't see the issue.

curl-6 said:

Not gonna lie, it might frighten me a bit; I was in an abusive relationship once where she hit me a few times including once in the throat when I was trying to sleep, and the only reason I didn't cop much actual damage was that she was small and weak, and I could easily restrain her.

I'm sorry you went through that :(

Zippy6 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm sorry you went through that :(

Thanks. It was a long time ago now, I guess I'll eventually I should learn to put my anxiety aside.

Around the Network

I think we have to be careful not to conflate women who are physically abusive with women who know how to fight. These are two VERY different things, and probably have a great deal less overlap than the general population.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Won't give a shit about her doing karate or MMA if mutual respect is the eshtablishing point of our relationship.
I would love the shit out of her because despite being muscular and tough, those women know how to look beautiful and feminine as well.
Dating a girl with physical abilities that are more impressive than mine won't hurt me in my ego as a male since we don't live in stone age as far as i remeber.
Should i be concerned by the fact that she might hurt me? well were women concerned when they trusted warriors, soldiers and fighters ? i think the answer is obvious : once your relationship is fully based on respect and love neither men nor women should lay hands on each other.

Jumpin said:

I think we have to be careful not to conflate women who are physically abusive with women who know how to fight. These are two VERY different things, and probably have a great deal less overlap than the general population.

I did not mean to conflate the two; I meant more that as a person with extreme and irrational anxiety I find it hard not to feel more afraid of someone who is more physically capable of harming me, even if realistically that doesn't make them more likely to do so.  

One of my favourite ex-girlfriends is a very strong woman, she's strong in her soul to fight the bad things life brought her and to be the best possible mother for her son despite them. So a physically strong woman doesn't scare me too much, and I think she can be very sexy too, as long as she hasn't an extreme body builder physique, that I don't like (but I actually like female body builders that work to develop their muscles, but preserving their hot curves).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

...Why wouldn't I? The problem isn't her mad skills when she's angry, the problem is if she gets violent when she's angry. I wouldn't date someone who gets violent when angry, but that's regardless of her skills.