By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite Super Smash Bros. game?

What's your favorite Super Smash Bros. game?

Super Smash Bros. 37 7.06%

Super Smash Bros. Melee 108 20.61%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 63 12.02%

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS 13 2.48%

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 24 4.58%

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 279 53.24%

Total:524

Played Melee 4 years ago and now it's become really difficult for me to play the newer games tbh.

Surprisingly I think Ultimate is my least favorite, mostly because of how it controls. Still kind of like the other games though especially Brawl but don't think I can play them for long.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

Personally those three are by far the ones I liked the least, but I don't need to give you a meat cleaver between the eyes and then stomp on your back so you bleed more just because our opinions differ. Maybe that's something you should work on.

Well I would, if a certain raccoon wasn't constantly shitting on something I care a lot about.

I'd rather have Shantae over Terry or Kazuya too, but that's still quite the over-reaction to somebody disagreeing.

Ultimate for the roster alone. With the exception of Brawl. Every Smash game I felt was better than the last. So I never go back to a previous entry.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ultimate I guess, but Smash is a series I feel I've outgrown.

idk like if a friend asks to play with me, I'll play and have a relatively fun time, but in terms of the single player experience, or trying to play it competitively, no thanks.

In terms of who I want, idk, they could add Bugs Bunny of all characters and I'll just shrug and carry on.

If I had control on the last character though, either Crash Bandicoot, Reimu from Touhou, or another Fire Emblem character solely to trigger people.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

If I was a kid I'd probably say Ultimate, because I'd have friends I played it in person with. Melee was amazing for me as a child as I could play with friends. Now, as a 30-year-old, the only way to play with friends is over the internet, and the online has always stunk with Smash Bros. That lag is atrocious. If they could actually get the kind of 1:1 speed you get with other online games then I'd play it a ton over online and Ultimate would probably be the winner for me.

Around the Network

I skipped Melee and Wii U/3DS. My favorite is easily Ultimate, and I don't think playing Melee and Wii U/3DS would change my mind on that one.

Which character will appear? Hard to say. Maybe something Monster Hunter-related, given how big Monster Hunter on Switch has been lately. Of Nintendo characters remaining, I'd say Akira Howard from Astral Chain. Or maybe the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V, since that's looking to be Nintendo's other big game this fall along with Metroid Dread.

Characters who should appear: Yuri Lowell, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, a Virtua Fighter character (as a full character, not just a Mii outfit), Adol Christin (Falcom is one of the few Japanese companies with zero representation), Amaterasu, Sir Arthur, Ryu Hayabusa (Koei Tecmo has surprisingly little representation given how much they work with Nintendo these days), Geralt of Rivia, Doomguy

Melee was certainly the best for me, despite the controller issues.

I voted original purely for nostalgia reasons. At the least Melee, Brawl, and Ultimate are all better mechanically. As for speculation on final Ultimate character I would like a yugioh character like Yugi moto or even Blue-Eyes/Dark Magician Girl, kingdom hearts Sora…there was another idea I had a couple weeks ago, but I’m memory hole’d right now. The original holds nostalgia for me because it was brand new and other than Soul Calibur I had not really played any fighting games (which is totally different style anyway). Break the targets was such a cool simple concept for its time and extra content like that was always welcome. 

The Wii U one, the one that should have been what Ultimate was... :X

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Super Smash Bros.. Ultimate is the best in the series.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"