By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Council (thread about Sega)

 

Your favorite 3D Sonic Game

Sonic Adventure 1 3 17.65%
 
Sonic Adventure 2 5 29.41%
 
Sonic Heroes 1 5.88%
 
Sonic 06 1 5.88%
 
Sonic Unleashed 1 5.88%
 
Sonic Colors 2 11.76%
 
Sonic Generations 3 17.65%
 
Sonic lost world 0 0%
 
Sonic boom 1 5.88%
 
Sonic Forces 0 0%
 
Total:17

No major video game player is going to revive SEGA's arcade business. But they might look to offer to buy them out now.



Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

I give up if anyone is willing to revive Sega Arcade business and It's old Ip's? It will be Sega porting on Xbox and Microsoft giving Sega huge Loaf of cash or 

Spoiler!
Disgruntled Microsoft buys few shares from Sega for ownership? Which I don't want but seeing them close the rest of the arcades saddens me.

Genuinely heartbreaking news. Always wanted to visit the legendary SEGA arcades.

I grew up with SEGA. Had every console they ever made except the SG-1000 and handheld Nomad. Hate seeing them stumble. Really wish they'd bring back Jet Set Radio and Eternal Arcadia.



twintail said:

No major video game player is going to revive SEGA's arcade business. But they might look to offer to buy them out now.

I don't want anybody buying SEGA , But I can see Microsoft buying small % of shares from SEGA , then when SEGA is healthy again they sell those shares back to Microsoft. for now a small share ownership would be nice to give SEGA atleast several 100 millions thinking 500 million per 10% share. but never over 50%.

RJTM1991 said:
SegaHeart said:

I give up if anyone is willing to revive Sega Arcade business and It's old Ip's? It will be Sega porting on Xbox and Microsoft giving Sega huge Loaf of cash or 

Spoiler!
Disgruntled Microsoft buys few shares from Sega for ownership? Which I don't want but seeing them close the rest of the arcades saddens me.

Genuinely heartbreaking news. Always wanted to visit the legendary SEGA arcades.

I grew up with SEGA. Had every console they ever made except the SG-1000 and handheld Nomad. Hate seeing them stumble. Really wish they'd bring back Jet Set Radio and Eternal Arcadia.

Hope SEGA comes back healthier like capcom had 100 million in bank back in 2008 then 10 years later they are worth 4 billion.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

That one Sonic Frontiers trailer reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles.



"Your favorite 3D Sonic Game"

Well, that was tough. I love both Adventures (Probably I like 2 a bit more because of the plot), and I have very good memories with Colors, Unleashed and Generations. In the end, I voted for Colors, but again, that was a hard choice.



I have a Youtube channel... A Twitter, and... Yeah.

Around the Network

First Sonic Adventure was the best. It felt open with the main hub rather than just leveled like in 2. I enjoyed playing as big the cat and Amy. The story was good imo. The level with the mirrors in the jungle was great! Plus it ushered in the era of detailed 3D modern graphics. Seeing it for the first time elevated my feelings about gaming to a new level. Gosh that was beautiful after a lifetime of nes/snes/ps1/n64! Blew me away.



My favorite is definitely Sonic Adventure 2. It improved on Sonic Adventure in every way, and no Big the Cat in sight.

Also, here's why Sega should just go the Sonic Mania route with 3D Sonic games.



I don't remember the console version of Sonic Generations being able to keep this frame rate while still having such nice graphics. It's been a problem in 3D Sonic games since Sonic Unleashed.



CaptainExplosion said:

My favorite is definitely Sonic Adventure 2. It improved on Sonic Adventure in every way, and no Big the Cat in sight.

Also, here's why Sega should just go the Sonic Mania route with 3D Sonic games.



I don't remember the console version of Sonic Generations being able to keep this frame rate while still having such nice graphics. It's been a problem in 3D Sonic games since Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic Generations reviewed better than Sonic Unleashed (Overall) , But Sonic Unleashed daytime stages were better than Sonic Generations 3D mode (Modern Sonic) If only the Werehog wasn't created in the first place then Sonic Unleashed would of reviewed around Sonic Adventure type games , but Sonic Team wanted to add the god of war platforming and puzzles without the blood. Sonic Unleashed pulled a Banjo Nuts and Bolts with werehog like Banjo pulled the carts. Sonic Team can actually do 3D Sonic it's just that Sonic Forces didn't feel as good as Unleashed or Generations .



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

SegaHeart said:
CaptainExplosion said:

My favorite is definitely Sonic Adventure 2. It improved on Sonic Adventure in every way, and no Big the Cat in sight.

Also, here's why Sega should just go the Sonic Mania route with 3D Sonic games.



I don't remember the console version of Sonic Generations being able to keep this frame rate while still having such nice graphics. It's been a problem in 3D Sonic games since Sonic Unleashed.

Sonic Generations reviewed better than Sonic Unleashed (Overall) , But Sonic Unleashed daytime stages were better than Sonic Generations 3D mode (Modern Sonic) If only the Werehog wasn't created in the first place then Sonic Unleashed would of reviewed around Sonic Adventure type games , but Sonic Team wanted to add the god of war platforming and puzzles without the blood. Sonic Unleashed pulled a Banjo Nuts and Bolts with werehog like Banjo pulled the carts. Sonic Team can actually do 3D Sonic it's just that Sonic Forces didn't feel as good as Unleashed or Generations .

Sonic Forces' frame rate certainly was an improvement, but other aspects of the game are what bogged it down.



I gave my Dreamcast a makeover. I may get it a GDEMU mod later but for now. I like it.To add to it I also picked up an ASCII Japan only Mission Stick.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!