By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 nearing final stages of development

Tagged games:

Article

A third numbered Xenoblade Chronicles game is nearing the final stages of development at Monolith Soft as a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, according to a Fanbyte report by former Game Informer senior editor Imran Khan, citing unnamed sources.

The game was reportedly set to be announced earlier this year and released this winter, but development and hardware optimization suffered as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. And while it may still be announced before the end of 2021, its release may be postponed until the first half of 2022 at earliest. It is said to be aiming to feature more character models on screen at once than any previous entry, including both playable characters and enemies.

The report comes following a slip of the tongue from Jenna Coleman, who voiced Melia in the first Xenoblade Chronicles, during a video chat with YouTube channel Din’s Meteorite back in June, which the Xenoblade Chronicles fanbase only recently spotted.

Coleman said, “God, when was the first game? Ten years ago? It was a long time ago—I did it pre-Doctor Who days, and when they did they second one, they asked me to come back. And I think they’re going to do another.” She paused. “Common knowledge? Don’t know. Yeah, I think they’re going to do another. Not sure if I’m allowed to say that.”

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launched for Switch on December 1, 2017. The expansion Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country, which also saw a standalone release, followed on September 14, 2018.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I really hope this is true.
Would make sense too.

Eh, I like Xenoblade 1 (kind of iffy on 2), but I'm more excited for their new IP. WHERE IS IT????

I doubt it's true, but I wouldn't like to see an even bigger mess than Xenoblade 2 or, specifically, what Future Connected brought with the Ponspectors. Don't know how they would make more characters on screen work for a pleasant experience, but I would believe in them. Something I'm eagerly anticipating is finally being able to change between characters during combat.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I can't wait! XC2 was absolutely fantastic!

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I can't wait! XC2 was absolutely fantastic!

I want the medieval new project. then Xenoblade 3. Waifus can wait. 

Love this series! Look forward to it but I also want to see that new IP if it still exists or ever did.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I yet to finish neither 1 or 2. I do loved them while playing. They just took so long I played another game and just forgot about them. I should finish 2 one of theese days.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I think I'll skip this one. I liked the first one, and dropped the second even though it was actually good 

Thr story is good, but I don't like when games don't let me control my own party members

Anything Monolith Soft does, they have my attention. Can't wait to see this in action hopefully in a September Direct.