By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Several US states are banning High End gaming PCs including California my State.

Chazore said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Still incredibly stupid. They focus their strategy on gaming PCs, but not bigger polluters like oil, which just recently set part of the ocean on fire.

What's hilariously stupid to me, is how they are putting focus on just prebuilt PC's, and not the Miners who have GPU server farms that actually drain a load more power, have also caused a power grid outages as well (Like Arabia for example). 

Just another bunch of old fogies who don't know how shit works as per usual. 

They're the ones turning the world into shit. They're just too stupid and prideful to see that.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

I've been saying for a long time that it was a matter of time until absurd 300W GPUs were taken a look at by regulators, especially with crypto.

Ironically those are exempt. (Watch Jayztwocents video I linked above)

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 30 July 2021

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

CaptainExplosion said:

Still incredibly stupid. They focus their strategy on gaming PCs, but not bigger polluters like oil, which just recently set part of the ocean on fire.

This kind of ill-informed statement greatly annoys me. It shows a clear lack of understanding of civics and how government works.

1. State and US legislators are indeed focused on polluters and offshore drilling. The states named in the article already fight offshore drilling. California banned any new offshore drilling and Oregon has a permanent ban. Legislation I worked on. There is legislation at the federal level to ban offshore drilling on the entire west coast. The idea that there are not politicians working on these issues is incredibly misinformed. It is not always easy and there are plenty of well-paid lobbyists are working against any change, but to conclude that people are turning a blind eye is wrong.

2. You can walk and chew gum at the same time. The idea that everyone must focus on this one issue and not focus on any other regulations is ludicrous. 

Legislative Assemblies have many members serving on different committees focused on different issues. Each member will generally work on issues based on the committee they serve on. If a member who is serving on an energy policy committee wants to impact "pollution" and "climate change", then cutting energy consumption is a good place to start because energy usage is indeed directly tied to pollution. 

Furthermore, these policies from the article are being enacted at the state level, and it wouldn't make sense for them to focus on issues not relating to their state.

My Real Redneck friends