By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58

I'm kinda panicking right now, because GLS fucked up. The package should have arrived on friday. But GLS says on their website it couldn't be delivered, because the recipient is "on vacation". GLS does not deliver on saturdays around here and there is also no one on the hotline until monday. So I have no idea what will happen next.

I have so many questions... Apart from the fact that I was at home all day, how the fuck does GLS wanna know if I'm on vacation or not?
My biggest fear is that they will send the package right back, Valve refunds my Steam Deck and I have to order again... So wish me luck that something good happens on monday...

Whoever is reading this, please do never use GLS, thanks.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:

I'm kinda panicking right now, because GLS fucked up. The package should have arrived on friday. But GLS says on their website it couldn't be delivered, because the recipient is "on vacation". GLS does not deliver on saturdays around here and there is also no one on the hotline until monday. So I have no idea what will happen next.

I have so many questions... Apart from the fact that I was at home all day, how the fuck does GLS wanna know if I'm on vacation or not?
My biggest fear is that they will send the package right back, Valve refunds my Steam Deck and I have to order again... So wish me luck that something good happens on monday...

Sometimes a delivery company will just select some random comment to put on why a package couldn't be delivered.  It was just probably not going to make it that day and you'll receive it Monday (they do it to save face).  Happens all the time with me with both UPS and FedEx.  Fingers crossed.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

OdinHades said:

Panic is normal but after you self sooth you’ll see everything is fine. Sucky delay but even more anticipation than before!. 

axumblade said:
snyps said:

512 GB. Totally necessary for multiple game installs. When did you preorder/what edition?

Whaaat. I preordered in July last year for the 512 but I still have a July-September estimated date. I could have missed an email or maybe because I’m not very active on Steam, I got a delay. 

I haven’t gotten an email from them. I have a long ways to wait. I guess I can’t expect mine in time for holidays

OdinHades said:

I'm so sorry for you and hope that you get the Steam Deck in the next days!

Around the Network
snyps said:
axumblade said:

Which edition did you go for? 

512 GB. Totally necessary for multiple game installs.

Yeah, I'm also glad that I went for the 512 GB Edition. No big loading times gain compared to running games from microSD cards and hotswapping microSD cards works very well for Steam games... but for games of other launchers (Heroic, Ubisoft Connect, Origin, itch.io) you want them on the internal storage... they don't like hotswapping microSD cards.

Just in case I reserved a Steam Deck 64 GB after my 512 GB edition arrived. If M2 2230 SSDs with 2 TB storage are available when I can order the second Steam Deck (in Q4/2022 or in 2023), I'll probably buy the  64 GB edition, upgrade it to 2 TB internal storage and (if I don't screw up) then sell the 512 GB edition. 

P.S.: I'd recommend a separate microSD-card for all that emulation stuff, if you are into that:

Last edited by Conina - on 10 April 2022

Turns out I panicked for no good reason at all. It finally arrived and I already love every bit of it!

I still have some work to do, but as soon as I'm finished with that, I'll play with that thing all day and probably all night! =D

Last edited by OdinHades - on 11 April 2022

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

Turns out I panicked for no good reason at all. It finally arrived and I already love every bit of it!

I still have some work to do, but as soon as I'm finished with that, I'll play with that thing all day and probably all night! =D

Awesome! Congrats on the purchase. Let us know how the playing goes!

For my birthday, my husband ordered a Steam Deck for me. Now, I play the waiting game.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 13 April 2022

Signature goes here!

Marking Steam Deck’s first month

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675200/view/3220644827954565733

Valve has certainly fixed a lot of my original complaints and the future is looking very bright. I do suggest going here for all the Steam Deck update news from Valve:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1675200

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850