By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58
Captain_Yuri said:

This is the one thing I like about Valve is that they are fixing the issues that I (as well as others) reported to support. You may think that's obvious but you would be surprised how many companies including console manufacturers don't do that. Once they get a lot of these issues fixed and if they revise the fan, I will probably rebuy it.

@bolded: so true...

Around the Network

So far the Steam Deck ain't a threat to the Windows dominance on Steam... over 96.5% Windows systems seems to be a new record.

77.34% of the Windows systems / 74.69% of all surveyed Steam systems are running Windows 10 (64-bit).
17.44% of the Windows systems / 16.84% of all surveyed Steam systems are running Windows 11 (64-bit).

Since I want to track the Steam Deck, I took a closer look at the 1% Linux systems.

SteamOS ain't showing up in the most popular Linux versions, will be in the 42% category "others".

But AMD VanGogh made its entrance in the Linux GPU chart with 0.54%:

So surveyed Steam Decks are so far 0.0054% of the total Steam hardware base.

The last announced MAU was 132 million users. 0.0054% of that would be only 7158 surveyed Steam Decks.

The unreported number will be much much higher, so the next hardware survey will be interesting.

I just checked which microSD cards I have still laying around.

I'll use the left row for the Steam Deck... have to label the SD-adapters soon:

My first handheld memory card only had 32 MB, so 0.032 GB.

41.7% of the top 1000 Steam games now "verified" or "playable":

And here the percentages by half-decade:

Last edited by Conina - on 03 April 2022

Conina said:

So far the Steam Deck ain't a threat to the Windows dominance on Steam... over 96.5% Windows systems seems to be a new record.

77.34% of the Windows systems / 74.69% of all surveyed Steam systems are running Windows 10 (64-bit).
17.44% of the Windows systems / 16.84% of all surveyed Steam systems are running Windows 11 (64-bit).

I was expecting a stronger Win7 holdout, so maybe Linux will finally surpass Win7 in a few months.

Around the Network

Holy crap, I got my e-mail! Can't wait for this thing to arrive here. :)

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

Holy crap, I got my e-mail! Can't wait for this thing to arrive here. :)

Congratulations! When did you preorder?

July 16th, 7:37 pm. So exactly 37 minutes after the pre-orders started. I would have ordered earlier, but steam kept crashing, lol. =D

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

July 16th, 7:37 pm. So exactly 37 minutes after the pre-orders started. I would have ordered earlier, but steam kept crashing, lol. =D

axumblade said:
OdinHades said:

Lucky, I'm still in the "Q3- July-September" timeframe. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. 

Lucky indeed! I preordered in November. I was checking my emails everyday this week. Now I can be patient. 

axumblade said:
snyps said:

axumblade said:

Lucky, I'm still in the "Q3- July-September" timeframe. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon. 

Lucky indeed! I preordered in November. I was checking my emails everyday this week. Now I can be patient. 

Which edition did you go for? 

512 GB. Totally necessary for multiple game installs. When did you preorder/what edition?