By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Deck Does What Nintendon't?

Chazore said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I only focused on this article and his comment, also, what you said wasn't really relevant. This is 2021, not 90's anymore, our standards changed too. He criticized Switch doesn't mean he hates Switch games, especially the physical ones.

Yes, but you didn't pay attention to what he'd said in a prior thread, which makes playing a willing devils advocate rather pointless and irrelevant.

Yes, and yet there are still a good number of games out there that aren't playable anymore due to not being in print, that doesn't make it irrelevant, it makes it a fact of reality, because you cannot play those on Switch (but they can be played via emulation).

He didn't criticise Switch, he just said "physical games tho".

Stop whining about me FFS lol

Physical better so yes. Peace out. Soft blocked

Last edited by Leynos - on 27 July 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
zero129 said:
SvennoJ said:

You already don't need a Switch for that

It's not going to hurt any sales.

The big difference here is thats a 900-1000€ device. The steamdeck is going to be more powerful and only costs 399. Steamdeck is backed by Valve and has a custom OS build around it. The is big differences and thats what has people excited about the Steamdeck compared to the GPD Win. But im sure you already knew all this but nice work trying to reassure yourself about something.

Err, you are the one trying to reassure yourself about something.

Anyway nvm, have fun with it. FS2020 is out!

Leynos said:

In your subjective opinion.

There is no soft block, just don't come in and make baity kind of comments and you'll be kosher. I know full well you don't really care nor like the damn device and I'm not here to make you like it, I just think it's pointless to keep coming into every Deck thread and being so dread about it, then getting uppity when someone points that out to you. I know you don't like it, but you're gonna have to deal with that some other way.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zero129 said:
padib said:

Well then what are you waiting for?

Or are you just exposed?

Your sure in a lot of Deck threads defending the Switch or downplaying others points Your replays about Switch being a "Proper Handheld" and steam deck isnt Thats just from a quick look in your post history the is much more from you if anyone wants to go look they can. So your not a Switch fan no? (Oh btw i know your also a PC gamer but your also in alot of Nintendo Threads so id imagine your a switch fan and a Nintendo fan judging by your post history. See things like that isnt hard to see. Clearly when you see posts on the web like "Switch can do things the steam deck cant and switch is more better, switch has better exclusives etc its not hard to assume they are atleast a Switch fan and possibly a Nintendo fan. However id love for you to show me how the is no switch owners defending the switch and downplaying the dock like its the first thing they have seen to be worried about in years until you can your just exposed and not worth any more replys...

Switch is a hybrid system, Steam Deck is not a hybrid system on the box. Steam deck is pc portable system, not a dedicated portable system, it's a simple question, not rocket science. Likewise Aya Neo, Gpd Win, and others. 

Don't have any demerit on this. And not advantage too.

Leynos said:
Chazore said:

Yes, but you didn't pay attention to what he'd said in a prior thread, which makes playing a willing devils advocate rather pointless and irrelevant.

Yes, and yet there are still a good number of games out there that aren't playable anymore due to not being in print, that doesn't make it irrelevant, it makes it a fact of reality, because you cannot play those on Switch (but they can be played via emulation).

Stop whining about me FFS lol

I love physical but wanna play my steam backlog portable, and my gog old pc games in portable mode too.

For me, Nintendo needs to release physical games with great and big manuals and handbooks. I hate the majority of Switch physical games don't have any paper( recycled paper goods too) 

Around the Network
Agente42 said:

Switch is a hybrid system, Steam Deck is not a hybrid system on the box.

Why ain't the Steam Deck a hybrid system?

You can use it as a portable handheld.

You can probably use it as a home console wireless connected to a TV (BlueTooth / Miracast / SteamLink), optionally connecting additional gamepads.

You can use it as a home console connected to a TV with an USB-C -> HDMI cable.

You can use it as a PC with a first party or third party USB-dock (which allows connecting monitor, keyboard, mouse...)

It doesn''t get much more hybrid than that.

Conina said:
Agente42 said:

Switch is a hybrid system, Steam Deck is not a hybrid system on the box.

You can probably use it as a home console wireless connected to a TV (BlueTooth / Miracast / SteamLink), optionally connecting additional gamepads.

You can use it as a PC with a first party or third party USB-dock (which allows connecting monitor, keyboard, mouse...)

I think he means that the Steam Deck does not include the usb-c hub/dock in the box.
That you have to purchase an additional dongle for this functionality.

The Deck isn't like the Lite that is missing the output video in its usb-c.

I remember reading that a third party usb-c hub would work on the deck, that you don't need to wait for the official dock, and thanks to mobile phones and Switch, these have come down in price quite a bit and you can purchase one with PD (power delivery) and hdmi for 15eur. EDIT: Only thing missing in those cheap hubs is the hdmi-cec that easily turns on the TV with your console.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 28 July 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Agente42 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

As a side note, the Steam Deck does have HD Haptics

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/tech

Drift problems?

Ps5 have similar drift problems than switch. The OG Switch you can change the controls, likewise ps5.

Lite  don´t have this luxury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvqLDsSLS9M&t=582s&pp=ugMICgJ2aRABGAE%3D

Chazore said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I only focused on this article and his comment, also, what you said wasn't really relevant. This is 2021, not 90's anymore, our standards changed too. He criticized Switch doesn't mean he hates Switch games, especially the physical ones.

This thread is about Switch vs Steam dock, so obviosly the physical games he said here are Switch games. 

Bold: It can be applied that to any console, and can you play Pokémon Shield, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade DE or 2 with much better performent on Steam Deck than Switch? As far as I know, you need something much more stronger to run and play them but still not completely perfect. 

TomaTito said:
Conina said:

I think he means that the Steam Deck does not include the usb-c hub/dock in the box.
That you have to purchase an additional dongle for this functionality.

The Deck isn't like the Lite that is missing the output video in its usb-c.

I remember reading that a third party usb-c hub would work on the deck, that you don't need to wait for the official dock, and thanks to mobile phones and Switch, these have come down in price quite a bit and you can purchase one with PD (power delivery) and hdmi for 15eur. EDIT: Only thing missing in those cheap hubs is the hdmi-cec that easily turns on the TV with your console.

this

All this talk of digital vs physical, of all things on a portable device the one thing I do not want is physical media. Out of convenience and space if anything (and less chance to misplace games) and this is someone who heavily leans towards physical media.

Another thing is that PC games are generally much cheaper than on consoles and thats not factoring in big sales (which are often all year round) and buying from reseller websites like CDKeys. Plus being an open platform you could always install windows and use any games client and download those games. One could argue that they don't need a portable gaming device or PC, though for pure value and what you get for the for money.. the Steam Deck is offers a lot in both hardware and software.

Granted that Switch has its excellent library of games you can't get elsewhere. Except if you are more savvy and don't mind a bit of dabbling around, PC's can do both :P

Last edited by hinch - on 28 July 2021