By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 29, 2021 - (July 12 - July 18)

noshten said:

2020 might catch-up by the end of the Quarter but this year we have OLED, Pokemon, Mario Party, SMT V and a bunch of other games likely to launch in the fall.
Last year it was basically Momotaro, Age of Calamity, Pikmin, as major titles and there weren't that many mid-tier titles either. 

End of the year, I expect Switch sales to be closer to 6.5 million

Yeah this year definitely has a stronger final quarter than 2020, but it has to weather the storm for another 2 and a half months or so to get to the first of its holiday pillars. There's also the risk that if the OLED, like the Lite, proves to be less popular than the base model, manufacturing capacity being spent on it rather than the base will lead to less sell through.

While I certainly hope for 2021 to beat 2020 both in Japan and globally, I feel its gonna be a close one.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 July 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Many people keep saying people might be holding off for the OLED. But honestly, is there really a big difference to warrent the extra $100? I saw the video and it looked just like a normal switch, only with a stand and a little bit better display.

But for an extra $100?

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

Many people keep saying people might be holding off for the OLED. But honestly, is there really a big difference to warrent the extra $100? I saw the video and it looked just like a normal switch, only with a stand and a little bit better display.

But for an extra $100?

Unless Japan is priced differently it's $50 more, not $100.

And it's more than a better screen and stand, it also has a wired LAN port, improved audio, and more internal storage.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Switch will probably sell similar to last year. The OLED is a good stopgap to stop a decline from happening. Since the improvements are mainly for the handheld version, it seems to be a bigger focus for Asian markets over western. Sales are probably still doing quite well in other countries, but Nintendo must have foreseen a decline in Asian countries without the new model.

theDX said:

Clap Hanz Golf on Switch is such a no-brainer seeing how Shin-Chan and Mario Golf sell. I wonder when its Apple Arcade exclusivity ends. It was like half a year for Shinsekai and World's End Club.

You forgot to mention Golf Story

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

But for an extra $100?

The improvements are for people who use handheld mode a lot, which would include the majority of Japan.  Also, it's only an extra $50 and not $100.