By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - Thurs 8 July 2PM PT | one loop wasn't enough...

Tagged games:

Otter said:

Yeah, there are enough games in need of release dates that I'm not expecting reveals. For sure there will be another SOP late/Summer early autumn with the release date for Horizon and major new updates/announcements

I find it interesting that Sony has not ruled out first party updates aside from GoW & HFW, as well as not ruling out business or service updates, as they have done in past blog posts. 

Around the Network

At this point Sony seem completely un-reactive to fans and the competition and seem to be sticking to their pre determined state of play schedule that generally precedes a game release.

I don't think they can keep this up.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

twintail said:

Yeah, I mean... I dunno. On one hand you're right, but on the other I wouldn't get my hopes up that we will get anything besides indies and 3rd parties.

But whether a secret announcement is coming or not, I'm interested to see more on certain games anyways. I'm good either way

I don't expect any announcement that would upstage Deathloop, but we might get a first look at the GOT DLC, a few games added to the PS+ Collection, or maybe something about PS Now.

axumblade said:

I'm hoping for an update on Ghostwire: Tokyo...I kinda lose more interest in Deathloop the more I hear about it.

What about it is turning you off? Personally, I like the sound of the game the more I hear about it, I just don't wanna buy it if it won't influence the dev to put more games on PS5. that's like, 75% of my game purchases: Just supporting the dev in a hope that we get more games like it. That's why I bought Dishonoured 1 and 2, I've never even opened them. I just like the idea of them and wanted the company to make more games and put them on my system of choice. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

A new Sly Cooper or a Ape Escape 1 remake would be cool

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

The PlayStation fan base has truly died on this website lol

The State of Boredom. Sony SOP is absolutely awful everytime. They have great consoles and games but you can hardly tell with every SOP. With an ND people are hyped even on a rumor of one. When one happens usually at least 1 thing people lose their mind over. Often talk of that ND a week or 2 after. SOP. Hardly anyone ever mentions it when one is announced and I rarely see anyone anywhere talk about it even minutes after it aired, like wow did you see what they announced! Nope, that just does not happen with a SOP as it does with an ND anywhere online. Sony has not figured how to do these correctly yet.

Leynos said:

The State of Boredom. Sony SOP is absolutely awful everytime. They have great consoles and games but you can hardly tell with every SOP. With an ND people are hyped even on a rumor of one. When one happens usually at least 1 thing people lose their mind over. Often talk of that ND a week or 2 after. SOP. Hardly anyone ever mentions it when one is announced and I rarely see anyone anywhere talk about it even minutes after it aired, like wow did you see what they announced! Nope, that just does not happen with a SOP as it does with an ND anywhere online. Sony has not figured how to do these correctly yet.

Are you sure? cuz I belive people still talk of the horizon forbiden west one. Thats the thing with focused events like this, if the game in focus is boring like this one, the show will be a bust, but when the game is great like horizon it shakes the internet. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Leynos said:

Are you sure? cuz I belive people still talk of the horizon forbiden west one. Thats the thing with focused events like this, if the game in focus is boring like this one, the show will be a bust, but when the game is great like horizon it shakes the internet. 

I'm sure. That one came and went and saw little online about it after. Until last week still saw people talking about Metroid Dread.

Leynos said:
eva01beserk said:

I'm sure. That one came and went and saw little online about it after. Until last week still saw people talking about Metroid Dread.

Then you are probably avoiding certain topics. Cuz horizon vs halo is a very comon topic since they will be both the big cross gen holliday titles. And also lets also not forget previous state of plays like returnal and ratchet and clank or even last year like ghost and last of us. big games alays droped everyones jaws and was all people could talk about.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.