By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play - Thurs 8 July 2PM PT | one loop wasn't enough...

Tagged games:

pitzy272 said:

The PlayStation fan base has truly died on this website lol

Well it seems more popular to hate just about everything they do now. It's like they can do nothing right in the minds of many.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

Could really have used it to show GoT Director's Cut stuff instead of Death Stranding...

Why though? The game was announced with a trailer explaining what was new already.

Leynos said:

The State of Boredom. Sony SOP is absolutely awful everytime. They have great consoles and games but you can hardly tell with every SOP. With an ND people are hyped even on a rumor of one. When one happens usually at least 1 thing people lose their mind over. Often talk of that ND a week or 2 after. SOP. Hardly anyone ever mentions it when one is announced and I rarely see anyone anywhere talk about it even minutes after it aired, like wow did you see what they announced! Nope, that just does not happen with a SOP as it does with an ND anywhere online. Sony has not figured how to do these correctly yet.

And?

PS5's are selling. PS5 games are selling. 

It sounds more like you're invested in hype more that you are the actual ownership and playing of games.

Granted it was a mellow SoP, but the demonstrations for Deathloop and JET, and the trailer for Death Stranding, all piqued my interested in those games. Nothing fantastic, but it was what I expected it to be and that's good enough. There will be plenty of opportunities to show off other games.

Although it would be nice if they incorporated more fan service and hype, state of plays are actually pretty straight forward & functional in that they just show off what's coming in the next few months and give you a deep dive into a big release. It serves it purpose pretty well and is not really about making headlines

After that SoP I feel the need to make a gaming schedule to clear my futur backlog.
Now I have GoT and Death Stranding added to my list.
Horizon west can be 2022 because I won't have time to play it this year.

twintail said:
BraLoD said:

Could really have used it to show GoT Director's Cut stuff instead of Death Stranding...

Why though? The game was announced with a trailer explaining what was new already.

Leynos said:

The State of Boredom. Sony SOP is absolutely awful everytime. They have great consoles and games but you can hardly tell with every SOP. With an ND people are hyped even on a rumor of one. When one happens usually at least 1 thing people lose their mind over. Often talk of that ND a week or 2 after. SOP. Hardly anyone ever mentions it when one is announced and I rarely see anyone anywhere talk about it even minutes after it aired, like wow did you see what they announced! Nope, that just does not happen with a SOP as it does with an ND anywhere online. Sony has not figured how to do these correctly yet.

And?

PS5's are selling. PS5 games are selling. 

It sounds more like you're invested in hype more that you are the actual ownership and playing of games.

Granted it was a mellow SoP, but the demonstrations for Deathloop and JET, and the trailer for Death Stranding, all piqued my interested in those games. Nothing fantastic, but it was what I expected it to be and that's good enough. There will be plenty of opportunities to show off other games.

Right now PS5 is in high demand due to low availability. Let's see if it sells at the same rate or not when you can easily walk in a store and buy one.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
No_Name_Needed said:
pitzy272 said:

The PlayStation fan base has truly died on this website lol

Well it seems more popular to hate just about everything they do now. It's like they can do nothing right in the minds of many.

They shouldn't be hated . Off topic I want Jim Ryan to make more smart Acquisitions hope From Soft considers going to Sony.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

dx11332sega said:
No_Name_Needed said:

They shouldn't be hated . Off topic I want Jim Ryan to make more smart Acquisitions hope From Soft considers going to Sony.

From Soft is owned by Kadokawa. They have been for years.  They should remain 3rd party.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

This SoP was decent for what it is. I'm interested in FIST, and Moss 2 was a nice surprise announcement.

I like that Sony no longer announces games too early but some people clearly don't. Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Astro's Playroom, Sackboy, Returnal, Rift Apart, GT7, Horizon 2, the next God of War, Death Stranding DC, Ghost of Tsushima DC were or will be released within months or a year or two from their announcements. The same is -or may be- true with 3rd party announcements like FF7 Intergrade, FFXVI, and promising indies like Kena. Very solid lineup considering how strong their 2020 was.

It's nice to want things but I wouldn't expect more announcements tailored to my taste when the first 16 months is stacked from an objective standpoint. Let's see what announcements we're getting by late 2022, I might start bitching along then.

Leynos said:

Right now PS5 is in high demand due to low availability. Let's see if it sells at the same rate or not when you can easily walk in a store and buy one.

There have been more PS5s available in its launch window than any console in history. Its availability is low because demand is abnormally high, not the other way around. This is also reflected in software sales being the highest for any console in the same period.

Last edited by Otter - on 10 July 2021

dx11332sega said:
No_Name_Needed said:

I dunno, I like that FromSoft mostly does third party multiplatform stuff. Don't get me wrong, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are both amazing, and the PS5 seems to be the home of soulslikes (Nioh is also PS exclusive). That said, I like stuff like Elden Ring and Sekiro being multiplatform. We need these games to get to a wider audience, for sure. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4