By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 13-19 - Switch Outsells PS3 - Switch Sells 375K, PS5 Sells 203K, XS Sells 140K

trunkswd said:
CloudxTifa said:

Our UK estimates with 2 weeks left in first half of 2021 have the 3 consoles at just over 1 million. With PS5 in the lead, followed by the Switch then Xbox Series X|S. 

Yup, have mostly found that the margin of error is absolute tiny when it comes to the estimates here. Adjustments are usually small when official data gets released... Which is getting harder and harder to come by. You guys could honestly charge for the service.Please don't though, ioi.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
trunkswd said:

Our UK estimates with 2 weeks left in first half of 2021 have the 3 consoles at just over 1 million. With PS5 in the lead, followed by the Switch then Xbox Series X|S. 

Yup, have mostly found that the margin of error is absolute tiny when it comes to the estimates here. Adjustments are usually small when official data gets released... Which is getting harder and harder to come by. You guys could honestly charge for the service.Please don't though, ioi.

I don't see us ever taking away features / numbers. If we were to create something new, maybe make it available to Supporters first. Right now the vast majority of our money comes in from ad revenue with a tiny bit from Supporters (thank you to all the Supporters btw) and the occasional sponsored article. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

curl-6 said:
Kyuu said:

It outsold PS5 in January and April in the UK. And iirc, Series S was the best selling SKU for April.

I meant in the main regions VGChartz divides sales into, (NA/EU/JP/ROTW) but good to know.

Oh, my bad. I think this might be the first week it happened then assuming the estimates are accurate of course.