By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What Happened to the Mobile Version of the Website? (Fixed? - Display as Mobile Now Default)

It's not triggered by simply using my smartphone anymore. VERY annoying. 

I cleared the history cache etc and the adaptable smartphone view worked again. The minute I login, however, I am taken out of it and back to desktop version of the website which is so clunky on a phone. Is this a known problem? 

I didn't use the website for weeks because navigating it with my phone is impossible. 

Around the Network

Do you have desktop mode on in your phone?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah? But I want the mobile version? Unless if this is as good as it can get :/

LurkerJ said:
Captain_Yuri said:

As in like, web browsers on phones have an option to force the desktop version of the website or the mobile version. If you have desktop mode on in your phones web browser, it will always show you the desktop version. But if you have desktop mode off in your phones web browser, it will show you the mobile version.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

All the way at the bottom of a page in the bar with the VGC logo and the copyright info and whatnot there’s also a ‘Display as Mobile’ link that should switch it to mobile view. If you’re on mobile in desktop view there can be an ad in the way though. Maybe once clicked it saves the mobile view for future visits again?

It’s funny though, personally I prefer the desktop view on mobile even if it’s a bit clunky.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 18 June 2021

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

All the way at the bottom of a page in the bar with the VGC logo and the copyright info and whatnot there’s also a ‘Display as Mobile’ link that should switch it to mobile view. If you’re on mobile there can be an add in the way though. Maybe once pressed it saves the mobile view for future visits again?

It’s funny though, personally I prefer the desktop view on mobile even if it’s a bit clunky.

Worked for me. Thank you

So much better! Thank you for bringing it this up. I hated being logged in for that reason.
The swith to mobile button on the bottom did the trick for me. Thank you very, very much for the suggestion S.Peelman

S.Peelman said:

All the way at the bottom of a page in the bar with the VGC logo and the copyright info and whatnot there’s also a ‘Display as Mobile’ link that should switch it to mobile view. If you’re on mobile in desktop view there can be an ad in the way though. Maybe once clicked it saves the mobile view for future visits again?

Oh gosh, you're amazing, you're a hero, you're a GOD period. 

The website is TOTALLY adorable on mobile view; such a shame all the effort TruckOSaurus made to make the website adaptable is thrown to waste! 

Next time someone complains about low activity on VGC, someone please bring up how vgchartz has been hostile towards smartphone users. 

Captain_Yuri said:
LurkerJ said:

As in like, web browsers on phones have an option to force the desktop version of the website or the mobile version. If you have desktop mode on in your phones web browser, it will always show you the desktop version. But if you have desktop mode off in your phones web browser, it will show you the mobile version.

I use Chrome on Galaxy S10+, the desktop view is always disabled. If you're not logged in, VGC knows you're using you're phone and gives you the mobile adaptable version of the website. The minute you login that's gone and apparently, you manually need to find some tiny clickable button at the bottom of the screen to get the adaptability back. WTF. 

LurkerJ said:
S.Peelman said:

Oh gosh, you're amazing, you're a hero, you're a GOD period. 

The website is TOTALLY adorable on mobile view; such a shame all the effort TruckOSaurus made to make the website adaptable is thrown to waste! 

Next time someone complains about low activity on VGC, someone please bring up how vgchartz has been hostile towards smartphone users. 

Glad I could help. Maybe I should give the mobile view another chance, I am practically always on mobile anyways.