By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I now own all current consoles. How goes your PS5/XBS search?

See thread title

Still searching (PS5 only) 3 10.34%

Still searching (XBS only) 2 6.90%

Still searching (both) 3 10.34%

Already have a PS5 8 27.59%

Already have a Series X|S 6 20.69%

Already have both 7 24.14%

Total:29

Was able to grab a PS5 for my buddy at my local Bestbuy.

As for me....not currently looking to jump into current gen aside from the Switch(es) I own. With the backlog of PS4 and Switch games I have I'm sure the PS5 slim will be out with plenty of stock and price drop before I get to it.

Around the Network

Yes but.. do you own the X Mini fridge???

Shadow1980 said:

It's no secret that the PS5 and Series X|S are hard to come by. But thanks to yesterday's in-store restock at GameStop, I was finally able to snag a Series X. It now sits in my entertainment center along with my PS5 and Switch (both bought day-one). My NES Classic, SNES Classic, and Super NT also are chilling alongside them. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I had to nab a Series X the old-fashioned way by getting up early and showing up in person at a brick-and-mortar store.

Sorry for the lousy picture quality. My phone's camera is only 2MP. That's what I get for being cheap when buying a phone.

So, how goes everyone else's search for newer systems?

Thanks for asking about my search for your I mean my new consoles. to show my appreciate I have a present for you so just pm your address to me and I will send it straight away and don't worry about my chances of finding the new systems I have a feeling that my gift to you will result in lots of good karma coming my way. 

PS. could you also add the times you are at work and home so I can arrange the delivery to suit you being home.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Azzanation said:

I want this one

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Azzanation said:

I want this one

Probably easier to get than the actual Series X.

Around the Network

Got a Series X in March and PS5 in May both were pretty easy to get with stock alerts on discord.

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 18 June 2021

No, you don't. As stated above, you're still missing the fridge.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Since I mostly game on PC, I have been fairly satisfied. Might pick one up eventually.

I have my gaming PC (i5 10600k, RTX 3070, want to upgrade to a 3080 ti or 3090 but haven't been lucky in Newegg Shuffles/drops from other stores) and just was able to buy a Series X yesterday from Walmart. It should be here July 7th. This is my only Microsoft Console since the 360. Mostly going to use it for Game Pass games on a second tv and to play Lost Odyssey. I was actively looking for a PS5, but not a Series X (since there aren't really console exclusives for it as far as I can tell) but decided to get it when a coworker persuaded me to try to buy one on Walmart's site.

Mostly just play on my PC, PS4, Vita or Switch these days. 

Each generation I usually go Nintendo - Sony - PC upgrade.
I own a 2070 Super GPU and an Oculus Quest 2 along with my Nintendo Switch. One would say that as Game Pass is on my computer, the natural way to go would be to purchase a PS5, but I'm going Series X first. Game Pass is a blast, great exclusives coming along and Microsoft has localized prices in my country. No contest there.
I'll wait for a slim version of sony's new hardware, to play exclusives when the day comes.