By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Vgchartz taking advertising too far?

DKII said:
Constructive criticism is welcomed. Yours however is not constructive.

I love how you say we need to improve our numbers and then imply that we also have to do so for free. If you don't like ads, get off the internet.

We are always looking into other advertising options but things have been a little hectic here lately. Rest assured we do not need you lecturing us on what we should or shouldn't do.

Don't fret DK.  A lot of people (dare I say - most?) are fine with how things are going, and realize what an awesome job you all do! Don't let it worry you - just keep on doing an awesome job!

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network

Here is the thing. I remember some of the ads that would have audio... Those were super annoying. I haven't seen any of those in a long time. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. These ads are nothing compared to older ads when talking about intrusiveness. Be a man. Suck it up. Or else don't go where you get annoyed.

Well, it beats paying a monthly fee (like IGN Insider etc) to get access to 10% more content (crap content I might add, yes I briefly had an Insider just to see what the fuzz was about).

Ads taken to far, I say not far enough!!!
I want to know about all available products on one convenient site, one never knows when they'll have their next buying binge, so knowing what's out there helps :)

The ads are fine and will eventually lead to an even better site for us.

Around the Network

Dude, If you think the numbers are inaccurate, then don't visit and complain! If you don't like the Ads, to bad, it's not your decision. Suck it up.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Why don't use stop complaining and start blocking ads. Just download Firefox and ad block plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/10

You can also install a flash blocker to block flash ads. That way, I never see any advertisement. Internet ads suck (even though I know it's what is keeping this website free). 

Radish Knight said:

Why don't use stop complaining and start blocking ads. Just download Firefox and ad block plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/10

You can also install a flash blocker to block flash ads. That way, I never see any advertisement. Internet ads suck (even though I know it's what is keeping this website free).

And then comes our next problem...

***************WALMART LOWEST PRICES*************

The creaters of the site need ads to generate revnue both for the maintanence of the site and server costs and so the site can be a source of income for them

Anyone who say's there's too much advertising on this site isn't appreciating the nature of the internet nowdays , plus there's always adblock.

***************WALMART LOWEST PRICES*************

OK. What you are saying is basically this: "I want you, ioi, to a lot off time on this site, and lose money doing it."

Go to NPD if it is so darn much better. Don't make a thread and be a baby complaining about everything.

I agree with Neos.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS