By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Intellivision Amico E3 2021 Presentation

P2W

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

CEO Tommy Talarico says they see other console makers as complementary instead of competitors.

He claims this, but just by watching the video I heard the lines "contain exclusives or exclusive content", which stems directly from competitive tactics. If they wanted to be complementary, they wouldn't seek to compete at all via exclusivity or exclusive anything. The system itself looks like it's built for old folks in mind or kids interested in bright RBG colours, as well as mobile games.

I just find the "we wanna be everyone's second or third system" PR kinda silly and a bit of a lie, when you're clearly wanting to take on at least one system or two via exclusive content. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

$250 definitely seems too steep, but otherwise it seems like a fun little gaming device. I wish them all the best, because I think it deserves some success as this is clearly no quick cash-grab banking only on nostalgia. Instead, it is the perfect console for casual competitive players.

The entire concept of it looks to me like what the Wii U was supposed to be with the motion controls, the asymmetric gameplay, and the ability to connect more than one Gamepad to the console which didn't quite make it into the Wii U.

trunkswd said:

As a core gamer this definitely isn't for me. The biggest hurdle is its $250 price as its target demographic aren't gamers. It feels like a $99 machine with the games it showcased. But I could see it finding its own niche. 

The controllers alone tell me that $99 are not gonna cut it. I think with 2 of those as bundled with the console, you're already at least at that pricetag - and you don't even have a console yet.

That being said, Something like $179 seems much more appropriate than $250 tbh.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 15 June 2021

I liked the concept, but the drawback I see is the same others have stated: the price. Make it cheaper and it could become a solid option for people who want a complementary experience (edit: and casuals).

By the way, I liked how they were selling a console for people to play with their family and friends and the on-screen poll was showing that more than 2/3 of the voters would be playing it alone. It's funny because, coincidentally or not, they stopped showing the poll right after the ratio alone-accompanied got too one-sided. There was also an awkward moment, shortly after the voting started, when the poll was showing that 33% of users would be playing alone and then it misteriously changed to 0%, like if those votes weren't being counted anymore. I think the poll was quite a funny disaster.

Last edited by Verter - on 16 June 2021

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Finally a Wii U with two Gamepads.

Around the Network

I've been following some news about the Intellivision Amico since 2020. The price is too steep for me considering what you get. A lot of people, even casuals, will be in that boat. $150 or $200 would've been a much more appealing price point.
Never would I think in 2021 that a minor gaming platform would have more exclusives than Xbox, and probably PlayStation as well.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima