By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdome Come: Deliverance confirmed for Switch

Last year, the game was accidentally listed for Switch due to a clerical error. The enthusiastic response to the listing convinced the developers that a Switch version was worth pursuing, and it has now been officially announced.

https://nintendoeverything.com/warhorse-studios-explains-how-kingdom-come-deliverance-came-to-be-on-switch/

Saber Interactive will the handling the port; they previously ported The Witcher 3 and Crysis Remastered to Nintendo's hybrid system.

Around the Network

Great game, good news.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Nice. Hopefully they do a good porting job.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

But I hate this game.

Hopefully this gets a second look by a lot of gamers. I remember it launched a bit buggy, but lots of things got fixed. Been meaning to get it for my PC whenever it goes on sale on GoG.

Around the Network

Holy moly, I looked this up on Digital Foundry and provided the port's not a disaster, this could potentially be the most ambitious "impossible port" yet brought to Switch; it's 900/30fps with dips even on PS4 and just 1080p/30fps on PS4 Pro.

In terms of the specs, it's even more demanding than Witcher 3. I sure hope it's not another Ark situation; Saber Interactive have an impeccable track record on Switch so far but they've not tackled a game quite this demanding before and as we've seen recently with Apex Legends even good porting studios can stumble.

I can't even imagine how infuriating the combat will be in handheld mode.

I never played the game on pc. I might be interested to pick this up on the switch.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Played this at E3 and was quite impressed. Appreciated the passion and attention to detail in emulating real history as a history major myself. But playing it on XB One immensely frustrated me, and beyond just the glitches. Felt like everything I did in town got the guards chasing after me lol. Maybe I'll give it another chance sometime, but for now I just have too many RPGs (and really games in general) to burn through, most of which are higher on the priority list. 

I must say it's impressive they were able to port this to Switch as the game seems very large in scope and even on my XB1X it seemed like it was really chugging at times (at least in my 3-4 hours playing it). 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

curl-6 said:

Holy moly, I looked this up on Digital Foundry and provided the port's not a disaster, this could potentially be the most ambitious "impossible port" yet brought to Switch; it's 900/30fps with dips even on PS4 and just 1080p/30fps on PS4 Pro.

In terms of the specs, it's even more demanding than Witcher 3. I sure hope it's not another Ark situation; Saber Interactive have an impeccable track record on Switch so far but they've not tackled a game quite this demanding before and as we've seen recently with Apex Legends even good porting studios can stumble.

This was my first thought when I read the news.

The game is terribly optimized on X1/PS4 and that was very noticeable when I tried it on Xbox One X. 1440p and 20-30 FPS with less than ideal settings and texture loading issues.