By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdome Come: Deliverance confirmed for Switch

Barozi said:
curl-6 said:

Holy moly, I looked this up on Digital Foundry and provided the port's not a disaster, this could potentially be the most ambitious "impossible port" yet brought to Switch; it's 900/30fps with dips even on PS4 and just 1080p/30fps on PS4 Pro.

In terms of the specs, it's even more demanding than Witcher 3. I sure hope it's not another Ark situation; Saber Interactive have an impeccable track record on Switch so far but they've not tackled a game quite this demanding before and as we've seen recently with Apex Legends even good porting studios can stumble.

This was my first thought when I read the news.

The game is terribly optimized on X1/PS4 and that was very noticeable when I tried it on Xbox One X. 1440p and 20-30 FPS with less than ideal settings and texture loading issues.

If there's one thing we know about Saber, it's that it won't half-ass the job. Can't say how well the port will run in the end, but it won't be for lack of optimization and effort if it doesn't run well.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
curl-6 said:

Holy moly, I looked this up on Digital Foundry and provided the port's not a disaster, this could potentially be the most ambitious "impossible port" yet brought to Switch; it's 900/30fps with dips even on PS4 and just 1080p/30fps on PS4 Pro.

In terms of the specs, it's even more demanding than Witcher 3. I sure hope it's not another Ark situation; Saber Interactive have an impeccable track record on Switch so far but they've not tackled a game quite this demanding before and as we've seen recently with Apex Legends even good porting studios can stumble.

This was my first thought when I read the news.

The game is terribly optimized on X1/PS4 and that was very noticeable when I tried it on Xbox One X. 1440p and 20-30 FPS with less than ideal settings and texture loading issues.

If it's already struggling to hit 30fps at 1080p on PS4 Pro and 1440p on Xbox One X, it's going to take some serious black magic to get it running in a non-disastrous state on Switch. If anyone can do it it's Saber though, everyone thought Witcher 3 was impossible until they showed otherwise.