By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

Just like that Microsoft comment about GTA IV, there is no need to hate the whole company, but that doesn't make the comments legitimate. If this guy didn't want to develop for the Wii, he should have just been honest about it, not make up excuses.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Ater the ut3 sales i dont think they can be taken too seriously.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
...because people have never bought a PS3 that's collected dust.

Just last week, even Microsoft came out and admitted the Wii is great for the industry, with all the new people it draws in.

Instead, obviously, Capps believes these people don't exist. Instead, they only play their Wii for a couple of weeks, and then never play it again.

So, to Capps, the Wii is a drag on the gaming industry as a whole, because of graphics.

Graphics, afterall, are the most important thing to gaming, according to his ideology. How can we woo and wow our fanbase and get our ideas out there without current gen graphics and physics?

This ideology should be in the dictionary under "First Person Shooter developers."

Graphics and physics compensate for other failings, like innovation in the genre. That is why they feel graphics are so important.

Not only that, but if they hate the Wii for one reason, why make up another reason to flame it. It's so childish.

It's like, "The Wii will only give us scraps, so it's our enemy now! Nobody plays the Wii! Haha, take that."

I feel like I'm reading the opinion of an online shooter fanboy. I would just expect that the actual president of a company would be a little bit smarter, and not go around touting how "leet" he is.

He actions scream of a Mom's Basement programming office. Just one that is particularly well off, and rich. Their target audience is the "fratboy gamer" market fragment, which I've always had a problem with, since the original Playstation was release, but I'll not bring up my own ideology here. I'll just reitterate how dissapointed I am in the company.

Wii's only "innovation" is waggle control and the IR pointer, both of which already existed.  If you take that away their games are unoriginal and uninteresting.  Hooray, another Mario!! I prefer a rich and immersive story along with impressive visuals and realistic physics.  That's why I prefer the 360, and when I can afford one will be picking up a PS3.  I'll definitely buy Gears 2, and I applaud Mike Capps for saying what he thinks instaed of what he thinks you want to hear.  If only politicians did that...

What games are people expecting Epic to bring to the Wii? Gears of War is impossible because of the hardware issue and so too is the new Unreal Tournament 3.

I don't see what people find so hard to understand about the company's choice. There is no money to be made for them on the Wii so why should they bother when they are profiting immensely from Gears of War. I've heard people complain about Epic making Unreal Tournament 3 and not concentrating on Gears 2 enough. What would happen if they created a Wii game.

For a cutting edge next-gen developer, the Wii is a step back in terms of what developers such as Epic are trying to achieve in their games. They can't go much further than what was achieved on the Gamecube, where on the 360 and PS3 they can go beyond what's already been done so you see their engine being used in games such as Mass Effect and Bioshock. These games will never be able to work on the Wii.

Hey, Viruses can make people lots of cash. Ask Walgreen's.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network
ToastyJaguar said:
What games are people expecting Epic to bring to the Wii? Gears of War is impossible because of the hardware issue and so too is the new Unreal Tournament 3.

I don't see what people find so hard to understand about the company's choice. There is no money to be made for them on the Wii so why should they bother when they are profiting immensely from Gears of War. I've heard people complain about Epic making Unreal Tournament 3 and not concentrating on Gears 2 enough. What would happen if they created a Wii game.

For a cutting edge next-gen developer, the Wii is a step back in terms of what developers such as Epic are trying to achieve in their games. They can't go much further than what was achieved on the Gamecube, where on the 360 and PS3 they can go beyond what's already been done so you see their engine being used in games such as Mass Effect and Bioshock. These games will never be able to work on the Wii.

1. Not that many of us are asking for them to make a game for the Wii. We just think his excuse sucks.

2. Wrong. The Wii is forward, just not AS forward. It would have to have LESS specs than the 6th gen to be a step backwards. That makes that line from him, and you agreeing with it, an outright lie. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Kyros said:
you can pretty much make the same game every single time with a new name and people will buy it.

Like Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart GC, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart ......... That 's what you meant right?
I beat you to it

If more and more sequels/same thing (series)/whatever are what you mean, then I guess that applies to most other companies' games. See: Madden, FF, MGS. etc.

the problem with your statement is that the story or gameplay changes.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

He used a simple analogy, reflecting his own views, not that of Epics.

And in response to your number 2. It is a step backwards when you create a game like Gears, and then make a Wii game.

ToastyJaguar said:

And in response to your number 2. It is a step backwards when you create a game like Gears, and then make a Wii game.

That would be just making an HD game for the Wii. He did not say that. He said "We go forward, not back," which does imply that the Wii is a downgrade, which is false, since even if it was just as powerful as the 6th gen systems, it would mean staying still, not going back. So again, it's a lie.

LordTheNightKnight said:
ToastyJaguar said:

That would be just making an HD game for the Wii. He did not say that. He said "We go forward, not back," which does imply that the Wii is a downgrade, which is false, since even if it was just as powerful as the 6th gen systems, it would mean staying still, not going back. So again, it's a lie.

Ok , but i read it differently. I got a Wii and a 360 and i totally understand what this dude is saying so i guess everyone hates me too then.