By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite The Elder Scrolls game?

What's your favorite The Elder Scrolls game?

The Elder Scrolls: Arena 8 1.47%

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall 8 1.47%

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 75 13.76%

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 94 17.25%

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 347 63.67%

The Elder Scrolls Online 13 2.39%

Total:545

Oblivion for 2D play but I played Skyrim more thanks to PSVR.

I hope TES VI comes with psvr 2.0 support. Skyrim on ps3 vs Skyrim on psvr, looks the same, playing it is a totally different experience. The copy paste dungeons were a drag on ps3, stuff to run through quickly. In VR all the dungeons were amazing, slowly going through them with bow and spells at the ready, or sword and shield. It's a completely different game with 2 hands!

At least remaster Oblivion for PSVR! The painted world in VR, drooling.

Around the Network

I liked Oblivion better than Skyrim but man did it age horribly. Skyrim itself held up a little better, although not THAT much really.

Morrowind. - It was the first modern elderscrolls that set a "formula" that the rest of the series would follow.

It had amazing visuals back in the day, where-as Skyrim could run on a toaster thanks to being an Xbox 360 game first and foremost.
And had extremely memorable music that Skyrim even took a page from.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Morrowind, though to be honest, Daggerfall was in many aspects a better RPG.
It's all downhill after Morrowind.

I've yet to play Morrowind due to lack of time, so the crown goes to Oblivion. Additionally, I've tried (for a few minutes...) Daggerfall and played Skyrim quite a bit, but Skyrim feels soulless and shallow compared to Oblivion, which has all the magic. Sadly Oblivion has not aged well, and it's not helped by its leveling issues (i.e. how you gain attribute points and how non-player-creatures scale) either.

Around the Network

Morrowind by far.

Surprised Skyrim is so high on the list, it’s so dumbed down and casualized compared to Morrowind.

I have only played Skyrim. I'm interested to try the rest at some point in the future.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Fallout: New Vegas.

I'll show myself out now.

SanAndreasX said:

Fallout: New Vegas.

I'll show myself out now.

Spoiler!
Jk

Skyrim. I would say Morrowind if it didn't have such a shit combat system. even after playing hundreds of hour with it i still didn't like it. Oblivion suffers from having a boring empty map with procedural generated dungeons. And a awful level scaling system.

Skyrim avoids those things so it ends up being my favorite despite the lack of features from previous games. It also has a better radiant ai system, A better third person mode, And better combat (for the most part) than the other games.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 08 June 2021