By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favorite The Elder Scrolls game?

What's your favorite The Elder Scrolls game?

The Elder Scrolls: Arena 8 1.47%

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall 8 1.47%

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 75 13.76%

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 94 17.25%

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 347 63.67%

The Elder Scrolls Online 13 2.39%

Total:545

Skyrim, by a mile.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Fallout New Vegas

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Oblivion by a mile

I think I enjoyed Morrowind, more than Skyrim tbh.
Im not sure what happend but I felt like I got sidetracked a bazillion times in skyrim, and the overuse of cheating and save/reload.
However I remember seeing my younger brother back in the day, play Daggerfall and that was what got me into playing the series.
Daggerfall was crazy impressive for its time, and the system and character abilities it allowed for.

I know Skyrim is the most popular by far, but in many ways it feels like a dumbed down version of elder scrolls.
Morrowwind back in the day, was something you could just lose yourself in, the sense of exploration was better than skyrims.

Morrowind or Oblivion (either or both) > skyrim.

Still most impressive (if you factor in time it was made) is def. daggerfall.

"Bonus question: What are your hopes and expectations for the eventual The Elder Scrolls VI?"

I hope its more like morrowind/oblivion than skyrim.

Morrowind, loved that game. The setting and world are by far my favourite in any TES. Skyrim comes second, great game despite being watered down experience. Though the modding scene for it was something else!

As for TES6, hoping for something in Between Morrowind and Skyrim, in terms of setting, players impact and spells/abilities. Though expectations are for a Skyrim 2.0

Last edited by hinch - on 07 June 2021

Around the Network

daggerfall unity

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Skyrim, by a mile.

Playing Morrowind - and to a lesser extent Oblivion - felt like a drag, everything just takes too much time, and I dont have it anymore. You cant just play it casually. Dialogue is eternal, gets to the point you just want to skim it, but you cant because then you miss what you needed to know.
Skyrim is WAY more efficient.

Bonus: I hope its more like Skyrim than morrowind/oblivion.

Probably Oblivion but I did enjoy Skyrim. I want to play Morrowind though.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Only played Skyrim, so that one.

I hope TES VI is more polished at launch.

Only ever completed Skyrim. Played a little of the first and maybe 5 hours of Oblivion back in the day. I say all this to state that I sadly don't have a valid opinion on this because I simply haven't beaten enough of them. I will say Skyrim was decent, but took me 3 attempts to finally beat it because I kept losing interest. When I did complete the main story I was left feeling underwhelmed. I was actually shocked that was were the game ended because it felt so short and wasn't a rich story whatsoever, but then again I guess these games are more known for their side quests than linear story telling?