By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate the Nintendo Direct E3 2021

 

Rate the Direct 2021

10 9 6.29%
 
9 27 18.88%
 
8 42 29.37%
 
7 27 18.88%
 
6 14 9.79%
 
5 11 7.69%
 
4 9 6.29%
 
3 3 2.10%
 
2 0 0%
 
1 1 0.70%
 
Total:143



Around the Network

As a fan of Donkey Kong 64 (it was the first non pc video game I owned and now can see a lot of its flaws) the prospect of a 3d DK game is really exciting for me even though it would be quite different. Though I have very low expectations of such a thing happening.

A 2d DK game would also be really nice. Tropical Freeze is amazing so no issues with me there.



Apkopf said:

As a fan of Donkey Kong 64 (it was the first non pc video game I owned and now can see a lot of its flaws) the prospect of a 3d DK game is really exciting for me even though it would be quite different. Though I have very low expectations of such a thing happening.

A 2d DK game would also be really nice. Tropical Freeze is amazing so no issues with me there.

Wasn't the rumor that it's 2.5d? Like Metroid: Other M?



Just give me Metroid Prime 4 and I'll be happy.

And Eternal Darkness 2.



Dulfite said:
Apkopf said:

As a fan of Donkey Kong 64 (it was the first non pc video game I owned and now can see a lot of its flaws) the prospect of a 3d DK game is really exciting for me even though it would be quite different. Though I have very low expectations of such a thing happening.

A 2d DK game would also be really nice. Tropical Freeze is amazing so no issues with me there.

Wasn't the rumor that it's 2.5d? Like Metroid: Other M?

Ohh was it that. I have not kept up with rumors too much as I prefer a surprise but when hearing 2.5 I only thought of it as a game in 3d played in 2d like Tropical freeze 



Around the Network
Apkopf said:
Dulfite said:

Wasn't the rumor that it's 2.5d? Like Metroid: Other M?

Ohh was it that. I have not kept up with rumors too much as I prefer a surprise but when hearing 2.5 I only thought of it as a game in 3d played in 2d like Tropical freeze 

It would be kind of weird for Nintendo to switch which team is working on that type of DK game and not have some kind of significant change. If it is still just a side scroller game like Returns and Tropical Freeze then I don't get why they moved it from Retro anyway. Nintendo internal teams seem to be more focused on reinventing the wheel as often as possible so if they are making a DK game I'd imagine it will be considerably different than TF and Returns.



Hoping for the best, expecting the worst



Not expecting much at all. Would love for this to be as good, if not better than their E3 2017. But I wouldn't count on it. We'll see, though.



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Hopefully this doesn't turn out as disappointing as all the other E3 presentations so far.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

It's on now.



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.