By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Hub Thread - TIme to wrap up! Nintendo poll up

What was your favorite part of Nintendo's E3 Direct?

Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp 3 8.82%

Cruis'n Blast 0 0%

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 0 0%

Hyrule Warriors: AoC Puls... 0 0%

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 13 38.24%

Mario Party Superstars 0 0%

Metroid Dread 11 32.35%

Shin Megami Tensei 5 5 14.71%

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania 0 0%

Warioware: Get It Together! 2 5.88%

Total:34
ARamdomGamer said:

From the ones I watched

Nintendo 8/10

Microsoft 7ish/10

Square Enix 0/10 - Won't even give it a 1, Life is Strange had a better trailer on the Nintendo presentation.

Didn't watch Ubisoft or Limited Run, but I'll give them a gold star for Mario + Rabbids, and Bloodrayne Betrayal respectively.

Cha0s/10

Around the Network

So E3 is over now and unfortunately it was for sure the worst E3 I've seen yet. Yesterday was a terrible day that was mostly filler but this day was much better thanks to the really good Nintendo direct. There was a decent amount of good stuff but man the bad parts were big this time. A large problem was a serious quantity over quality issue, if it was three days instead of four and almost everything that happened yesterday was cut and the small amount of good stuff was moved to another day that would've helped make it more consistent. Also there was annoying political stuff that should not have happened like the Take-Two panel, getting rid of stuff like that would've helped increase the quality too. I can cut them some slack considering the pandemic but those two aspects did not need to happen and hopefully will improve next time. I do think it's likely E3 2022 will be better due to the pandemic improving a ton and it being back in person but E3 is past its best years now and the average quality will be lower than years ago and stay that way unless stuff like Sony leaving it reverses. At least Plumbers Don't Wear Ties is coming to modern platforms, that was a delightful surprise.

I actually wrote over 7,000 words ranting about E3 in a single file, but like half of it was just bitching about Microsoft's disingenuous use of the term 'console launch exclusive' so I'm not going to post it here. (actually about 2,000 words of it was that, but still). I know y'all don't like me rightly ripping into them, so I'll just say that while they had a bunch of great announcements, most of it was marred by a lack of gameplay, an absence on updates on important games we need more information on, and their loose definition of exclusive.

Here's my scores and one-sentence breakdowns of each presentation:

Summer Games Fest - 5.6/10

Nothing mostly mediocre and a fantastic Elden Ring gameplay trailer at the end; nothing terrible but really only one truly great thing. Mostly boring filler.

Ubisoft Forward - 3.8/10

Mostly nothing. So many missed opportunities, so many of their reveals looked like trash, Almsot entirely forgettable aside from Mario+Rabbids and Avatar.

Gearbox - 1.8/10

Absolutely nothing here. I like the humour but Randy Pitchford is poison and most of the presentation was about the movie, not games.

Devolver Digital - 3.5/10 (for the games) 8.5/10 (For the comedy)

I love their absolute tearing down of the medium's greed and nonsense, so I loved this presentation but it was really light on the games. Like really light

Microsoft and Bethesda - 5.9/10

Lots of reveals, tonnes of games shown off, but almost all of the announcements were sorely lacking gameplay or details and so many key games weren't shown at all. A critical miss and an example of 'needs more info'.

Square-Enix - 3.2/10

IT started strong and had a lot of potential with Babylon's Fall and Final Fantasy Origin but dropped the ball with them and every mobile game from them is shit, which was like half the show. Especially angry about FF1-6 being on mobile.

Capcom - 0.9/10

Nothing here at all, ended with an Esports segment that couldn't have been less interesting, and the presenter had a 'we happy few' styled fake smile that creeped me out.

Nintendo - 8.7/10

While this wasn't a bombshell-ridden presentation like some of their previous directs, it was a steady stream of new announcements, shocking reveals, actual gameplay, and more information on one of the most anticipated games in Breath of the Wild. A win all around.

Nintendo won by such a wide margin it's not even fair. I absolutely loved Devolver digital's presentation for its absurdist humour and takedown of corporate nonsense, but for its games it was quite light so sadly I can't really say it was that impressive.

My top 5 moments:

1 - Elden Ring gameplay trailer
2 - Breath of the Wild Sequel trailer
3 - Metroid Dread
4 - Smash Bros Character (Kazuya)
5 - Guardians of the Galaxy

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Holy cow, the Breath of the Wild Sequel trailer revealed today on Nintendo channel has over 2.1 million views already. This game is going to be huge!

As much as I want to choose BOTW2, Dread was such an astonishing reveal and it's coming this year, so I actually voted for Metroid. Sorry Link.  I'm sure you'll win my heart in the end though.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Holy cow, the Breath of the Wild Sequel trailer revealed today on Nintendo channel has over 2.1 million views already. This game is going to be huge!

Well Breath of the Wild was the best-selling Zelda game by a wide margin! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

I actually voted for SMT V which I thought had a really great first gameplay showcase has well. It's the big holiday JRPG of this year, people need to make mainline SMT soars to new height !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Nintendo and Microsoft made good showings, but the rest was mostly not worth it, apart from the Devolver/PC/indie showcases.

And what Take-Two did was absolutely baffling. A Zoom call as E3 presentation? Go home you're drunk!

I voted Advance Wars (cause it's the best Nintendo IP) as best game of the direct.

but i have no interest buying it because the art style is very off putting.

Thinking about what we knew this time last week, it's kind of crazy that we have release dates announced for Elden Ring and Starfield, but not the next Zelda (we still don't even know its name!). I honestly thought Zelda was much further along than the other two.

SW-3707-5131-3911