I come to you today seeking assistance in finding games that my wife will love. She's not a huge gamer but when she does find a game she likes, she will play a lot. Her favorite games are the Tomb Raider Series (the newer ones 1 - 3) and she just started playing Horizon Zero Dawn and says it is her second favorite game ever (behind the Tomb Raider Games). To aid in finding the right games, below is information that will help narrow down some good candidates.
Systems We Can Play On:
- Xbox Series X - We Have Gamepass Ultimate.
- PC (RTX 2070 Super / 32GB Ram / AMD Ryzen 3900) - Hooked up to our 4k TV
- We don't have money to buy a PS5 so that is out for the time being.
Must Have Features:
- She loves story driven games, especially with female protagonists.
- Games have to be easy as she does not like difficult games and does not like overly difficult puzzles. Each Tomb Raider she played on Easy mode and still had me complete multiple sections that were too difficult for her.
- The game has to be controller compatible. No keyboard and mouse for her.
Nice to Have Features:
- Visual Fidelity is a big plus. Playing Horizon Zero Dawn in 4k on the PC is something that is hugely impressing her.
- Value for money is always nice (i.e., games that take longer to beat for the same price as say, Man of Meridian).
Games She Has Played:
- Man of Meridian (first game - Gamepass) - Loved the game but we can't justify paying the money on subsequent Man of Meridian games as they are so short.
- Tomb Raiders 1 - 3 (new ones) - Her favorite games of all time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition - Her second favorite game, she just started this yesterday and is loving it.
- Life is Strange Series - Loves these games and is eagerly awaiting the new game coming out later this year.
- Telltale the Walking Dead Series (Gamepass) - She really likes these games and has beaten the first two and is on a New Frontier currently.
- Tell Me Why - Another game that she loved.
- GTA V - She likes the game but has a hard time getting back into it.
Games She Has Played Just a Little:
- TellTale Game of Thrones - Didn't really get into this game but might pick it back up in the future again.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - The game was too complicated, which she didn't like.
- Hellblade: Sensua's Sacrifice - She kind of liked the game but thought the directions in the game were not clear enough and just couldn't get into it.
So there we have it, any assistance tracking down great games for her would be greatly appreciated. I'm fairly in-tune to Xbox Games but don't have a lot of exposure to PC games and what's out there yet.