By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 overtaking the (Dead) 360 Anytime soon? Not really...

thats going to be funny when the 360 cost half as much as the ps3 and the ps3 is still selling more. that will bust everyones balls who said the ps3 cost to much.

Around the Network
sailordude said:
thats going to be funny when the 360 cost half as much as the ps3 and the ps3 is still selling more. that will bust everyones balls who said the ps3 cost to much.

already happening in europe.

Ok. I have an assessment due tomorrow that is nowhere near done. But you all know, when I get back, this thread is going to burn!!!!
Why?

Because I will offer logic-based reasoning that suggests that the PS3 will never have a substantial (and third-party exclusive-gaining) lead over the Xbox 360, and we all know the SDF won't be able to handle that kind of thinking.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Million said:
Your not taking into consideration boost's from software releases,price cuts, blu ray , home .

If you compare the amount the PS3 and 360 have sold in the same time frame you'll find the PS3 has sold quicker , it sold 10 million quicker than the 360 and continues to outsell the 360 week on week , if the PS3 and 360 would have launched simaltaneously world wide it wouldn't have stood chance.

And it has managed to do this well with comparably worse software support than the 360 , once the big names arrive MGS4 , Killzone 2 , LBP etc etc it's game over for the 360.

You have to take into consideration Japan , the 360 has little to no potential to sell in this region , With the release of MGS 4 , Siren possibly LBP and then Final Fantasy next year the ps3 probably won't challenge the Wii too much but it should help it double it's userbase in japan.

in Europe the PS3 has consistently outsold the XBOX 360 since the begining of the year , even with a major price cut (£50) before the easter holidays the 360 still couldn't even manage to overtake the ps3 for a week.

The US is where the biggest challenge for Sony is however they're '08 line up is very westernised and has games that apeal to the american gamer , GT5:P coming out soon , Haze , Killzone 2 , Socom , MGS4 ETC ETC.

Quote me on this if you will , there's no way the PS3 wouldn't have overtaken the 360 by christmas '09 , the '09 line up is looking potentialy stronger than '08 (God Of War 3 , Getaway , Final Fantasy = Game Over).

highly likely 09 lineup = Final Fantasy XIII, Gran Turismo 5 (do we have to continue?), God of War III, Uncharted 2 (or Jak 4), next Ratchet (or Resistance 3 or insomniac new IP), maybe WipEout PS3
likely delayed games for 09 = Getaway and Eight Days

That is just the games announced already, that is not particularily bad is it?

@Munkeh111 , i'm actualy looking forward to the '09 lineup more , being a brit and an RPG fan I can't wait for Getaway and Final Fantasy.

Around the Network
Million said:
@Munkeh111 , i'm actualy looking forward to the '09 lineup more , being a brit and an RPG fan I can't wait for Getaway and Final Fantasy.

If your an RPG fan why do you prefer the PS3's library and line-up over the 360's?

Current situation:

Xbox 360 wins JRPG's

Xbox 360 wins WRPG's

Future situation:

Tie for JRPG's

Xbox 360 wins WRPG's. 

starcraft said:
Million said:

If your an RPG fan why do you prefer the PS3's library and line-up over the 360's?

Current situation:

Xbox 360 wins JRPG's

Xbox 360 wins WRPG's

Future situation:

Tie for JRPG's

Xbox 360 wins WRPG's. 

I have to say it, but to many people Final Fantasy does = jrpg, and I think that if SO 4 is exclusive, it can tip the balance to 360, but currently, XIII and Versus alone win the future jrpg battle, and of coure KH 3 could help more. Personally, LO is a large reason for me getting a 360

starcraft said:
Million said:

Current situation:

Xbox 360 wins JRPG's

Xbox 360 wins WRPG's

Future situation:

Tie for JRPG's

Xbox 360 wins WRPG's.

Maybe for you, but I do understand people how go nuts about every square game, so in there minds the Ps3 has a better rpg line-up. (I do agree with you do but it's still an opinion.)

So MS will do everything it can to make the gap last as long as possible , but Sony will stand there and only try to ride the wave it had this last month . The PS3 in the same time is a BR Player , something taht will give Sonys console a huge selling advantage over the dead format supporting 360 . Also , the PS3 will catch and pass the 360 in Others this year , and in Japan its the only HD console that has any chance to penetrate the market . If it manages to see a big boost from the two FFXIII games and MGS4 than Japan ill once again be an important market for home console . I actually bealive that Sony will catch the 360 in # of instalbase somwhere between Q2 09 to Q4 09 , and in the US it might actually be a tie ( though I doubt it , again basing my assumption on BRDs popularity ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

SleepWaking said:

Maybe for you, but I do understand people how go nuts about every square game, so in there minds the Ps3 has a better rpg line-up. (I do agree with you do but it's still an opinion.)

But remember that the 360 will get Last Remnant as well as Infinite Undiscovery (exclusive) and probably an exclusive FFXIII spin-off (Square said they want it on ALL platforms in some form).

Not to mention the 360 is getting all the Namco RPG love.