By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Subnautica: The silence Masterpiece

Tagged games:

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It's probably a great game, but I played under an hour of it and was a little disappointed that aside from the initial set up the game doesn't immediately give you a narrative spin to help encourage you to find out more about the planet. I know that's a very ADHD thing to say, and I do plan to go back to it, but it did make me lose interest quickly.

Now your my friend I can guide you, it might serve you better to play below zero since it's has a narrative and a pretty much self contained game , but if you go back to Subnautica once you make the radiation suit and enter the aurora you get more of an understanding, but it's through the radio and exploring wrecks and finding data pads along with the computer AI alerts from your pad that drives the story.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
FloatingWaffles said:

this game has been one of those i've been wanting to get to eventually for a while, and it definitely seems like it plays into that "open-ocean is scary" vibe as i've seen some reaction videos to certain things in the game and it's like 👀

Spoiler!
are the big ass underwater serpent things a scripted sequence that only occurs once or is it purely random each time? 

great write up

The ocean in Subnautica has been created very well. It offers that mystery, beauty and creepiness all at once, just like how our oceans are. The deeper you go, the scarier it can get.

Spoiler!
Purely random. Some creatures you have to venture out to find. They basically roam the seas and act like big bosses or elite enemies. You will have to come across them eventually.

good writeup but the Aurora was more a factory ship for building warp gates .

mjk45 said:

It's probably a great game, but I played under an hour of it and was a little disappointed that aside from the initial set up the game doesn't immediately give you a narrative spin to help encourage you to find out more about the planet. I know that's a very ADHD thing to say, and I do plan to go back to it, but it did make me lose interest quickly.

Now your my friend I can guide you, it might serve you better to play below zero since it's has a narrative and a pretty much self contained game , but if you go back to Subnautica once you make the radiation suit and enter the aurora you get more of an understanding, but it's through the radio and exploring wrecks and finding data pads along with the computer AI alerts from your pad that drives the story.

But isn't Below Zero sort of like a successor to Subnautica, even if not totally directly? Or no? I usually don't like playing series out of order when I have the means not to

I stopped playing it because the performance on PC was just too janky for me. I don't even think I'll touch Below zero due to them still not having sorted out the performance of the previous game on PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

mjk45 said:

But isn't Below Zero sort of like a successor to Subnautica, even if not totally directly? Or no? I usually don't like playing series out of order when I have the means not to

I'm sorry is this comes across as vague I don't want to spoil anything, the reason I suggested Below Zero is because it as you playing a voiced character with a more story focused narrative and is a goodway to experience subnautica if the lack of direction created by the original is to great a hurdle to overcome.

While both games have a  reliance on pda updates and messages to unlock more places to explore that in turn leads to more exploration for the materials needed to achieve those goals below zero's narrative is woven into it giving you have a better sense of purpose.

My advice on the original once you get the radiation suit, scanner and repair tool exploring the Aurora  helps open up the game .and googling spoiler free advice to find materials is ok.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 May 2021

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

Was it a factory ship? Thats a minor detail i missed. Id assumed it was a Colony ship that went to Planet 4546b to colonize. I didnt think the people were capable of building Warp Gates.. yet.

Azzanation said:
mjk45 said:

Was it a factory ship? Thats a minor detail i missed. Id assumed it was a Colony ship that went to Planet 4546b to colonize. I didnt think the people were capable of building Warp Gates.. yet.

They were called phase gates in the game  here's a quick rundown https://subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Aurora

mjk45 said:
Azzanation said:

They were called phase gates in the game  here's a quick rundown https://subnautica.fandom.com/wiki/Aurora

Thats interesting, that also explains the ending. I never really picked up on the Aurora doing that. Thanks for the update.

Azzanation said:
mjk45 said:

Thats interesting, that also explains the ending. I never really picked up on the Aurora doing that. Thanks for the update.

No worries.

Spoiler!
Spoiler text. also the secondary mission info helps explain why there are habitats on the seafloor and the datapads scattered in and around them telling the story of those survivors of the earlier wreck.

Wishing for an afrika like underwatr game that's photo realistic.