By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces new game: Game Builder Garage (Releasing June 11th)

How interested are you in this title?

Game of the Year 2021! 4 10.00%

I'm very interested in this title 11 27.50%

I'm somewhat interested in this title 12 30.00%

I'm indifferent to this title 10 25.00%

I'm disinterested in this title 3 7.50%

This isn't Breath of the Wild 2, Nintendo... 0 0%

Total:40
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
KLXVER said:

1. Yeah, but thats like saying "Why did Sony, the owners of Insomniac, release Sunset Overdrive exclusively for the Xbox One?" Well they werent the owners at that point. Im not giving Nintendo the credit for Astral Chain. Just like I dont give Sony credit for Street Fighter 5. The next AC, sure.(If there ever will be a next one. I highly doubt it.)

2. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but ok.

They actually already co-owned Astral Chain, though, before buying the IP outright. 

In fact, Nintendo considered Astral Chain a first party game when it was announced: 

source: 190426_3e.pdf (nintendo.co.jp)

You know, you can just say that you expect EPD to make new IPs you care about. That's a perfectly reasonable and valid wish. Using a term as general as Nintendo just causes a lot of headaches. 

Where did I say I expect Nintendo to make new IPs I care about?

EDIT: I read it as "You cant just expect..." My bad.

Anyways, I dont really care. Theres so much great content on the Switch from so many developers.

Last edited by KLXVER - on 07 May 2021

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

They actually already co-owned Astral Chain, though, before buying the IP outright. 

In fact, Nintendo considered Astral Chain a first party game when it was announced: 

source: 190426_3e.pdf (nintendo.co.jp)

You know, you can just say that you expect EPD to make new IPs you care about. That's a perfectly reasonable and valid wish. Using a term as general as Nintendo just causes a lot of headaches. 

I didn't say you said that, I said you could say that. Instead of just saying 

Like every new IP from Nintendo this gen, its not for me.

Which leaves too much to interpretation as to what you mean by Nintendo and thus creates needless arguments (like the one about PlatinumGames).  

I assumed you would care whether or not Nintendo make new IP that appeal to you, given the fact that you commented on t hat, however if you're not actually interested in whether or not Nintendo make new IP that interest you, and were just dropping by to let us know this doesn't appeal to you, then more power to you. 

KLXVER said:

I didn't say you said that, I said you could say that. Instead of just saying 

Like every new IP from Nintendo this gen, its not for me.

Which leaves too much to interpretation as to what you mean by Nintendo and thus creates needless arguments (like the one about PlatinumGames).  

I assumed you would care whether or not Nintendo make new IP that appeal to you, given the fact that you commented on t hat, however if you're not actually interested in whether or not Nintendo make new IP that interest you, and were just dropping by to let us know this doesn't appeal to you, then more power to you. 

Well this and every new IP from this gen. They have more than made up for it by releasing excellent games from their older IPs though. Also letting third parties make great games with their IPs. Its all good:)

mZuzek said:
KLXVER said:

The next AC, sure. (If there ever will be a next one. I highly doubt it.)

Why?

Platinum Games seems to want to make and publish their own games now. I also dont see Nintendo themselves make a sequel. Maybe they could hire a third party, but I cant really think of anyone who could tackle it. Ninja Theory maybe, but they are owned by MS now, so thats not happening.

mZuzek said:
KLXVER said:

Platinum Games seems to want to make and publish their own games now. I also dont see Nintendo themselves make a sequel. Maybe they could hire a third party, but I cant really think of anyone who could tackle it. Ninja Theory maybe, but they are owned by MS now, so thats not happening.

The game's director has already expressed interest in making a sequel and the game sold well. Nintendo bought the IP recently, that feels like a really weird choice to make if they're not planning any more games. You never know, Nintendo makes weird choices all the time, but it seems really unlikely.

The only thing that is a fair point is about Platinum wanting to publish their own games, but I doubt they'll deny the chance to continue working on an important project like this just because it's not published by them (which also makes it a financially stable project for them, whereas self-publishing is a much bigger risk).

Well if we get a sequel, Im there day 1:)

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

1.Nintendo owns Astral Chain IP.

2.Nintendo doesn't even care about The Wonderful 101, it will always fail hard regardless of exclusive or multi platforms.

1. Yeah, but thats like saying "Why did Sony, the owners of Insomniac, release Sunset Overdrive exclusively for the Xbox One?" Well they werent the owners at that point. Im not giving Nintendo the credit for Astral Chain. Just like I dont give Sony credit for Street Fighter 5. The next AC, sure.(If there ever will be a next one. I highly doubt it.)

1.Nin co-owns the ip before getting it completely. They always see Astral Chain as 1st party game. By your logic, Blood Borne isn't Sony game either.  

2.I just replied this line: "Well I consider that a Platinum Games game. Just like The Wonderful 101." The sales of Astral Chain is good, while The Wonderful 101 sales is terrible.

HoangNhatAnh said:
KLXVER said:

1.Nin co-owns the ip before getting it completely. They always see Astral Chain as 1st party game. By your logic, Blood Borne isn't Sony game either.  

2.I just replied this line: "Well I consider that a Platinum Games game. Just like The Wonderful 101." The sales of Astral Chain is good, while The Wonderful 101 sales is terrible.

Well Sony helped in the making of Bloodborne though.

KLXVER said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

The same for Nintendo with Astral Chain:

https://nintendoeverything.com/astral-chain-interview-platinum-games/

I wonder if you can make board games with this tool. I'm thinking about making some kind of Fortune Street / Mario Party / Monopoly clone.

HoangNhatAnh said:
KLXVER said:

The same for Nintendo with Astral Chain:

https://nintendoeverything.com/astral-chain-interview-platinum-games/

Seems like they just made some suggestions, but fair enough. They have done 1 IP I like this gen then.