By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fall and Rise of Sony's Market Cap

https://companiesmarketcap.com/sony/marketcap/

The reason I made this thread and added the link is to provide an indication of how Sony's Market Cap has moved over the last two decades, and hopefully have some dialogue on the rise and falls and what was occuring at those times.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 21 April 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

SONY stronker than ever! Buy stonks now.

How to get rich:

1) Invent time travel.

2) Travel back to 2011.

3) Buy Sony stock Bitcoin.

4) ?????

5) Profit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

So, in other words
They’re doomed??

Signalstar said:

How to get rich:

1) Invent time travel.

2) Travel back to 2011.

4) ?????

5) Profit

After completing your stage 1 and 2 set up bitcoin farm  Travel back to present cash in bitcoin buy all the latest farming tech and hold $10billion in cash

Travel back to Nov 2012 buy Sony for $9.7Billion setup farm with your future tech and spend remaining on solar farm rinse and repeat to you own the big 3 plus all the PC Publishers/ stores and console publishers.

Last but not least once you own gaming  outright don't come to me to sort out the mess you now own.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

So, in other words
They’re doomed??

Damn straight they are just like my sexlife.

Don't forget their stock split, in 2000 I think.
Those don't happen as much these days, I guess changes to market process reduce it's impact which was of course bullshit.
But if we apply the same rationale now as then, it should certainly do another stock split, if not 2.

Signalstar said:

How to get rich:

1) Invent time travel.

2) Travel back to 2011.

4) ?????

5) Profit

4.1) Move forward to December 2017 and sell Bitcoin.

4.2) Move forward to March 2020 and buy any ridiculously low-priced altcoin that is not a scam.

And with that, point 5 remains the same, but way much better.

OT, Sony has done a really good job consolidating the PlayStation brand over the years (the only misstep being the PS3) and that has paid off, specially since the release of the PS4, which is when the helthier and more consistent growth both in stock price and market capitalization has been taken place.

Still, I'd say the stock price is in a middle of a sort of correction right now (from 120 to 100$), and it might go even lower than that (perhaps to the 80- or 70-something dollars) in the next few months, before keep rising again towards maybe its all-time high. Of course, this is all just pure, futile and barely grounded speculation, but the company's gaming brand is in a very good position to make such a rise happen.

I'm mostly a lurker now.