By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How real is Raid Shadow Legends success?

Can't go anywhere on Youtube without commercials for that thing and been that way for years. The thing seems to have money to pay for funding half of Kings and Generals (and there are more uncomfortable sponsors like manscaped IMO), but I am curious just how real is all of this talk and how much of it is....performative. 

Is it just a game boosted by mobile farms, do people actually play it in mass to have all of what is described. Is it a success not touched on in most circles because it is a mobile game, or is it not touched on because it is fiction. 

Curious to know. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

I never heard of it and watch YT all the time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

My guess is that you've shown interest in the title, which is why you're seeing ads all the time. I've never heard of it. However, commenting in this thread may lead to me seeing some ads now....

Never heard of it. Then again I block youtube ads (and comments and as much as is possible to keep the video playable), so the only way I would have heard of it is if it was the sponsored video/product placement side of marketing (which I will just skip past but I at least would have heard of it)

I had to use youtube on someone elses computer about 5 years ago and couldnt believe how horrible it was with the ads, cant imagine how bad it is after another 5 years.

According to the ads, hugely poplar, around 500 billion people playing it every second, but I don't know how accurate it is

Around the Network
HigHurtenflurst said:

Never heard of it. Then again I block youtube ads (and comments and as much as is possible to keep the video playable), so the only way I would have heard of it is if it was the sponsored video/product placement side of marketing (which I will just skip past but I at least would have heard of it)

I had to use youtube on someone elses computer about 5 years ago and couldnt believe how horrible it was with the ads, cant imagine how bad it is after another 5 years.

He gave and example The youtube channel kings and generals have a lot of videos with that sponsor. Phillip DeFranco had a few but not longer does. A lot of channel that look at historical medieval Armor and weapons did sponsor videos like metatron, skallagrim, shadiversity etc so i saw it from there but i also heard that a lot of gaming youtube channels had Raid shadow legends sponsor videos. 

lol how can you visit YouTube (especially when it's something about gaming) and not have seen anything about Raid: Shadow Legends?
And yes I use an ad-blocker but everyone is doing an in-video sponsorship so there's just no way past it.

Just from the ones I watch: AVGN, JonTron, Internet Historian, several big German gaming channels, countless smaller channels that don't have any other sponsor and several channels that make fun of Raid SL sponsoring everyone.

Though I'd say they're past their prime, which was probably when it launched 3 years ago until about 1 year ago. They can still be found everywhere but VPN services have overtaken Raid in amount of sponsorships on YouTube

Here are some more YouTubers (incomplete lists btw.):
https://gamerant.com/youtubers-sponsor-raid-shadow-legends/
https://raidshadowlegends.fandom.com/wiki/List_Of_YouTubers_Sponsored_By_RSL

I dont know how many more times do I need to say no until they stop shoeimg me that add. I get the im video sponsors but the algorithms should know that by the 1000 time you declined its unlikely that I will try it amd move along.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Last time I saw an ad for this game seems ages ago, already forgot it existed.

I watch Cad and AVGN but most Gaming YT I watch is more retro stuff. I skip intros because they are pointless to me. I don't watch any streamers. People who play the latest AAA flavor of the week or gas POS. I have never seen or played shit like Fall men, Among Us, Minecraft, Fortnite any online multiplayer game. I'm watching stuff like Happy Console Gamer. MetalJesusRocks, MattMcmuscles, some older more obscure channels I have been subbed to since 2008. The nongaming stuff I sub to is Redlettermedia or AEW.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!